Venus (Sukra) will appear to travel in Retrograde motion for 41 days between December 22, 2013 from 03:24 IST (December 21st in europe, north and south america) to February 01, 2014 till 02:19 IST.
Before it goes into retrograde motion, it slows down and becomes stationary for a while.
A planet ‘appears’ to be in retrograde motion, when it travels at lesser speed than normal and when compared to earth’s speed, it looks as if travelling back.
During these 6 weeks, Venus can slow things down in the arts.
That includes fashion, jewelry, cinema, television, drama, music, alchohol and perfume industries.
In personal life, it is not the best time to pick a partner, to propose, to get married or start a new work of art.
Dates & Timings of Venus being Combust in 2014
During this period, Venus becomes combust due to its closer proximity with Sun and this happens for a week between January 07, 2014 at 13:13 IST – January 15, 2014 at 02:49 IST.
(Venus is combust by Sun when it is within 10° of Sun in its direct motion or within 8° of Sun during its retrograde motion)
During combustion, the combust planet’s power is transferred to the Sun, so it will act in service to the Sun.
With ‘compromised‘ energy, Venus will not be in a position to guide us.
Apart from Jupiter, Venus is the only planet which guides us. (Jupiter being the guide of Gods and Venus being the guide of demons and others in Indian Mythology)
This week should be avoided for all major financial transactions, buying gold or jewelry, making new investments in stock market, fixing of marriage dates, proposing to new partner, performing auspicious ceremonies like marriage, buying or entering into a new house or land, buying or selling vehicles, starting a new business or venture, rennovation or repair work at home or office etc.
Since this combustion (Sukra Moudyami) is happening while Venus returns to Sagittarius (Dhanus Rasi) during its retrograde motion, it will effect those born in Sagittarius(Dhanus) ascendant and moon sign more than others.
Effects of Combust & Retrograde Venus on Zodiac Signs (Ascendants & Moon Signs) in 2013-14
- Aries (Mesha) : Finance and family are effected. Relations with spouse will be strained.
- Taurus (Vrishabha) : Health will be effected. Should avoid court hearings, loans but should not postpone visit to doctor. Self confidence will be low.
- Gemini (Mithuna) : Relations with children or lovers will not be satisfactory. Can feel desperation in Love but no satisfaction. Should avoid anything that can further add to frustration.
- Cancer (Kark) : Friends will be helpful. Some amount of loans will either be recovered or paid back. Need to watch your diet and health.
- Leo (Simha) : Should stop flirting or forming any new relation with opposite sex.
Self confidence will be low but results will be positive.
- Virgo (Kanya : Finance and family will be effected. Physical discomfort, dip in health will be visible on face. Not a good time for new proposals
- Libra (Thula) : Self confidence will be low but will still be able to maintain their position through help of friends or spiritual guidance. Need to have balanced diet.
- Scorpio (Vrishchik) : Toughest period in family life as no other planet is acting supportive during this venus combustion. There can be total chaos in life, unless proper spiritual guidance exists.
- Sagittarius (Dhanus) : Time to avoid all loans and financial transaction from friends.
Else, you will be blamed for everything that goes wrong.
- Capricorn (Makara) : All attempts related to matters of heart, love, children, speculations, career will fail. Better to remain tight-lipped till end of January 2014.
- Aquarius (Kumbha) : There will be physical discomfort but some internal energy or external spiritual force will help you keep going. Relations with parents will not be normal.
- Pisces (Meena) : Self confidence will be high but physical energies will be average or even low. Better avoid all transactions in partnerships, taking up new projects, meeting new people for long time relations etc during january 2014.
These precautions should also be taken by people who are going through Venus (Sukra) mahadasa.
If Venus is a benefic in your personal horoscope, good effects will be minimised and if its a malefic for you, it’ll give some relief during combustion.
As Jupiter aspects Venus and Mercury conjuncts it during its combustion, bad effects will be controlled to some extent but at the same time, Saturn and Mars also aspect Venus to add some malefic effects.