2,7,11 Houses for Marriage
1. In KP house 2 (family members), 7 (legal bondage, spouse) and 11 (permanent tie of friendship and partnership in life) are to be judged for marriage
1,6,10,8,12 Houses for Divorce
2. Significators of houses 2,7,11 are to be considered for marriage and the houses 6,12,10,8 are for divorce.
3. For marriage significators of houses 2,7,11 are beneficial; for divorce, 6,10,12 and 8 are beneficial and houses 1,6,10 and 8 are not favorable for marriage.
4. Separation from the partner due to disharmony or difference of opinion is to be considered by 1,6,10 houses only and 8 is also to be considered, if quarrel is involved. Finally to get divorce after long quarrel and fighting in court 1,6,10,8,12 houses are to be considered.
1,6,8,10,12 houses are detrimental for marriage and matrimonial life which may head towards divorce. Divorce with mutual consent is possible without 8 and 12 houses.
5. House 8 (house of sex) and 12 (bed comfort) are required for marriage and sexual pleasure.
8th House in Support of Divorce
6. Hence 8th house (quarrel, disappointment) is found in support of divorce but not in support of marriage although it does not negate marriage and not threaten separation from the partner.
7. However, some KP astrologers are of the view of that signification of houses 5 and 8 by the 7th cusp sub lord can also give marriage since 5th is 11th to the 7th and 8th is 2nd to 7th.
Considering 5th house for marriage in the case of love marriage is understandable.
Capable KP astrologers taking 8th house for marriage without signification of 2,7,11 are rare to find in the KP literature in English.
8. According to other theories, Four Step theory considers 5th house (11th to 7th) and 8th house (2nd to 7th) as supporting houses for marriage, in addition to 2,7,11 main houses.
Cuspal Interlinks theory considers 5,7,11 houses for marriage and 2nd house is not taken as a house of danger and death to the 7th house; in System Approach (SA), 8th house is considered as one of many marriage significators.
Promise of Marriage
9. The 7th cusp sub lord indicates whether marriage is promised or not. If marriage is promised, the required significators of DBA lords point the time of marriage when it agrees with transit.
10. In judging whether marriage is promised or not, only 2,7,11 houses are preferable to consider. Basically marriage can be denied, if 7th cusp sub lord signifies only 1,6,10, 4 negative houses without signification of any of 2,7,11 marriage houses. As long as 7th cusp sub lord signifies any of marriage houses, marriage cannot be denied even though negative house are signified. And so marriage denial may not be judged effectively, if more houses other than 2,7,11 are considered for marriage.
Timing of Marriage
11. In fixing timing of marriage (DBA), food for thought is that more houses other than 2,7,11 can be involved in all kinds of capacities depending on specific circumstances, for instance 5 for love marriage, love affairs, fulfillment of pleasure, 8 for sexual enjoyment, dowry, father’s expenditure for her wedding, 3,9 (3rd from 7th) for negotiation or contract for marriage, 12 for bed comfort, 3, 9 or 12 houses for a bride leaving her parents’ residence to join the bridegroom’s family in a far place or foreign country in the case of marriage to foreigner.
12. DBA is not applicable for events which are to happen in a day or two i.e. daily events. Analysis of DBA is essential for not only in fixing timing of marriage but also in judging marriage denial. Because promise of marriage cannot be materialized, if signifiors of Dasa lords are not fruitful for marriage during marriageable age of native.
13. The most commonly used Vimshottari dasa system of Maharishi Prashara is one of three pillars of KP for calculation of subs and forecasting system.
14. General rules cannot not fit to each and every event of a natal chart. A cent percent accuracy in the astrological prediction would be possible, if and only if everything in one’s life is predestined at the moment of birth by past Karma. However, as a compromise, the results of one’s limited free will in this lifetime may not be denied within the fated effects present at birth through the planetary positions in his or natal chart according to past Karma.
Muhurat may be helpful to get the desirable results of free will. Moreover, Horary or Ruling Planets also may not guarantee to all to be always helpful.
15. The bottom line is that 100% correct prediction cannot be given with the literature available and with the knowledge that we may gain by studying them alone.