News:

New Board installed at https://www.astrogle.com/talks/
Old forums archived from 16 October 2021

Main Menu New Forums Installed, Old Forums Archived ...

Predictions of 2012 by mayan calender

Started by Sharmila, July 12, 2009, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharmila

PREDICTIONS FOR 2012

Interestingly enough, for all the talk about 2012, it is quite difficult to find a simple listing of all the prophecies.  Most of what you find on the Internet is vagueââ,¬â€œgeneralizations of mass destruction or a transformation into a new age.  I was able to find a couple decent sources, so I have listed them below.

It appears open to interpretation as to whether 2012 will bring total destruction or a transformation of our world.  So, below are prophecies (not necessarily Mayan) for 2012:

1. There have been three or four previous races and ages of humanity (depending upon the source you read).  All of these have been destroyed in major cataclysms.  December 21.2012 marks the end of this age and it will end in major catastrophes such as Earthquakes.  (see commentary on this statement below)

2. For half of the katun (20 year Mayan cycle) there will be food, for half some misfortunes. This katun brings the end of the \"word of God.\" It is a time of uniting for a cause.

3. As we pass through transition there is a colossal, global convergence of environmental destruction, social chaos, war and ongoing Earth changes.

4.  The Earth will undergo a magnetic field shift, reversing the polarity of the planet.

5.  An asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.

For now, this is all that I am listing as I come across so many vague statements I do not feel comfortable listing them for others to read.  As I continue with my research, I will add to this list when appropriate.

Commentary from the author:

Prophecy #1.  Some people contend that this prophecy is erroneous as the last Mayan cycle of 5,125 years did not bring about world-wide destruction.  Humans existed in 3,000 BC and previous to that.  However, the 5,125 year cycle is part of a greater cycle consisting of approximately 26,000 years.  This longer cycle ends on December 21, 2012 as well so perhaps it is this cycle that brings about destruction?  Another possibility is that each cycle marks an era of great change or human innovation, not destruction.

[/color]

Sharmila

also \"book of revelation\" too says the same as mayan calender predictions... ie..,.

the connection between earth n sun is going to cut down.

ice age is coming back.

man made sculptures are going to collapse.

many earth disturbances like earth quakes, floods,valcano eruptions etc.

transformation of human DNA..

initially when i heard abt it, i dint believe it but mayan\'s predictions have never gone wrong..!!

and they said the day 28th oct 2011 has got some importance in predictions of 21.12.2012...  i need to work on it now..

Sharmila

1 positive thing i knew abt predictions is...

from 21.12.12, khumb is going to lead the all\'s birth chart...

Ranjana

do you mean khumb raasi?

Sharmila

Carole

this is how our chakras in body will look and operate after 2012

for more info VISIT 2012 UnLimited
"As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue." - Albert Einstein 

zoe

yea.. its true.. i know this

DCP

It is frightening to learn that the world will cease to exist after 2012. Time and again, we get such news through various news channels, articles and websites about astrologers predicting doom in 2012. ââ,¬Å"Jyotishââ,¬Â commonly called Vedic astrology is derived from the words ââ,¬Å"Jyotââ,¬Â meaning light and ââ,¬Å"Ishââ,¬Â meaning God. The intention of ââ,¬Å"Jyotishââ,¬Â should be to spread light, love, healing and guidance of God for the wellbeing of man kind. However, with time this knowledge has become a handy tool of self seekers to instill fear and insecurity in the minds of the people. This has been wrongly utilized for making money and spreading rumors.

It is important to know why western astrologers in particular are pointing about the end of the world in 2012. Western astrologers argue that the world is running in the Age of Aquarius and on Dec. 21, 2012, the day of the annual winter solstice, the Sun will rise roughly over the center of the Milky Way galaxy (as per Mayan Calendar) which may lead to the end of the world. The Hindus believe that we are in the period of Kaliyug. The end of Kaliyug would mean the end of the world and the restart of the process of creation. Kaliyug is not ending immediately as per Vedic astrology.

In Western astrology, the Age of Aquarius is one of the twelve astrological ages and every age is about 2,150 years long. However, the method of calculating the age is highly debatable. Some astrologers take the current age and some take the coming age in such calculation. For example some western experts say that we are running in the ââ,¬Å"Age of Aquariusââ,¬Â while others believe that we are still in the ââ,¬Å"Age of Piscesââ,¬Â.

We would like to know whether western astrology is competent enough to predict the outcome of such planetary placement and for the prediction of doom.

Differences between Western Tropical astrology and Vedic Sidereal astrology:-

Western astrology focuses on the psychological nature of the individual, but lacks reliability for predicting future cycles and events. Vedic astrology, in addition to judging a person psychologically gives more emphasis on cycles and events, both for an individual as well as on all mundane subjects.

Vedic astrology gives a better view of:

1. A person\'s karmic tendencies

2. Predicting the time for manifestation of such tendencies.

The timing of life events is shown through a detailed system of planetary time cycles, called \"dashas.\" There is no corresponding method in Western astrology to time an event, because their methods are based solely on the transit of planets. The dasa system in Vedic astrology has been invented to co-relate the karmic tendencies with transit of planets which gives a better result.

Western astrologers, who were introduced to Vedic astrology, often adopted Vedic astrology because of its greater scope, depth and accuracy for predicting the future.

Astronomical differences:-

The basic difference between the two systems is that the Vedic zodiac is Sidereal and the Western is Tropical.

* In Sidereal astrology, the zodiac is aligned with 27 constellations, or fixed star groups. Aries, the first sign of the zodiac, aligns with the first constellation, called Ashwini.

* In the tropical zodiac, the point in space when the Sun crosses the earth\'s equator is the beginning point of the zodiac, or Aries.

The earth\'s equator shifts backward through the signs of the zodiac at the rate of about 51\" of longitude per year known as \"precession of the equinoxes.\" Because of this phenomenon, the theoretical Aries of the western zodiac drifts further and further from the Aries used by Vedic astrologers -- at the rate of about 1 degree every 72 years.

The tropical (Western), and the Vedic Aries were on the same zodiacal plane around 285 AD because of the precession of the equinoxes. At present, there is approximately a 23 degree difference. Thus, all of the planets in a Vedic horoscope, including the rising sign, will be about 23 zodiacal degrees earlier than they would be in a Western chart. Since, planetary placements will vary considerably; Vedic astrologers cannot rely on the interpretation made by western astrologers.

Some Questions to Astrologers who point towards the deadline of 2012:

* They should find an answer for a person having rajya yoga, marriage yoga or any other important yoga operating in or after 2012 as to how, the soul, who is born to enjoy the fruits of his karma in this world, will do so when there is no world left for him.

* They should also make it clear as to why they attribute all the problems in this world to only Saturn. In the year 2012 Saturn will be exalted as per Vedic astrology. Some astrologers have attributed all miseries for the year 2012 to Saturn. Transit of Saturn in Aries, Leo and Sagittarius are considered bad. But, the transit of Saturn in Libra (in exaltation) is good. Hence, how can a strong Saturn destroy the world? As per classical astrology, Saturn has been assigned the role of ââ,¬Å"Kaalââ,¬Â. Without the sanction of Saturn no destruction of the world is possible.

Our humble submission is that the world is going to change a lot during the year 2012, but this does not amount to the end of the world. It will make the world a better place, because the planet of divine justice (Saturn) will be strong and will be in a decisive position. The most important thing during this period will be change in power centers. The supremacy of the superpowers may be threatened. Countries having belief in democracy will win because Saturn helps the down-trodden and common man the most.

Many changes in the lifestyle, polity and thought process of the world are taking place and will continue to take place in the year 2012 also. Old ideas will be replaced by New Ideas. The fear is because of the human tendency to repel changes. All changes are not bad, because it is only change that brings in a new and improved setup.

Angelic and Spiritual Interpretation about 2012:

Angel Guides, philosophers and spiritual people talk about \'Millennium Children\' and ââ,¬Å"End- Times Childrenââ,¬Â who are relevant for 2012 . For a discussion about what the world will be like in the year 2012, it is pertinent to know about these children.

Within the last decade or so, a growing number of children have been born that appear to be more intuitive and more creative than older generations were at that age. They take to computers as easily as a fish takes to water. They have natural understanding of technology in general. These bright and gifted youngsters were called \"Millennium Children\" in the book of the same name by Caryl Dennis and Parker Whitman, published in 1998.

Some of them are also called the \"End-Times Children\" who are living amongst us. Like the ââ,¬Å"Millennium Childrenââ,¬Â, they have also exceptional qualities and unbelievable capabilities. The difference is that \"Millennium Children\" stand for positive qualities where as ââ,¬Å"End- Times Childrenââ,¬Â stand for negative qualities.

\"End-timers\" are also intelligent and creative. They, too, have a natural understanding of technology. But it is generally the technology of destruction-such as bombs, firearms or other weapons-that interests them the most. They can develop methods to turn into professional hackers at times. Their fascination towards destruction can make them develop high technology weapons.

The ââ,¬ËœMillennium Children\' and the ââ,¬ËœEnd-Times Children\' especially the indigo children born in 1980\'s and 1990\'s will attain adulthood by 2012. It is likely that there can be some clashes between these two groups of opposite mindsets to attain the purpose of their incarnation. This indicates that extremism, opportunism and hunger for power will be on the rise on account of ââ,¬Å"End-Times Childrenââ,¬Â whereas healing, tenderness, love, understanding and protection will also rise on account of activities of ââ,¬ËœMillennium Children\'.

Conclusion:

The world is transforming and power shifts are taking place. By, 2012 we will witness philosophical, social, economical and political changes throughout the world. Power centers may change. There may be violent wars. But, the world, as such, will remain and souls will keep on incarnating for furtherance of their divine life purpose and for enjoying the fruits of their karma.

In a deck of Tarot cards the XIII th card is ââ,¬Å"The Deathââ,¬Â card. But, for a Tarot reader this card may mean many things depending on the questions pertaining to health, career, marriage, childbirth and various other problems. This card indicates that change is taking place and the end is coming to something which exists. The same reading can mean different things to different experts in different situations.

Hence, the change of era which is making the astrologers panic, may mean end of stagnating mindset and beginning of a wonderful era.

Sharmila

world will again see huge destruction like stunami n eath quakes above 8 on hector scale reading...

this is going to be big n worse..

deepa

i hope only some physical and more emotional changes happen in humans