Do you take Rahu-Ketu positions as Mean or True nodes ?

Started by Virinchi, April 16, 2011, 07:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virinchi

Which tool do you use for casting a horoscope and in settings, what do you set a preference for Rahu & Ketu ?
True or Mean nodes ?

i\'ve used one command line based tool for casting chart in k.p method and it uses mean nodes, but i saw one k.p astrologer using jagannatha hora with true nodes setting.

only difference is of 1 degree and sometimes sublord of rahu/ketu might change with this variation
Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

Sujay

Difference is NOT 1 degree. I thought you had analysed more than 6000 charts !!

It varies from few minutes to even 1 deg 45 mins (Eg: Apr \'65 chart), sometimes even closer to 2 degrees which is big difference. As per my analysis over years, i can say that true node works best. Friends, please make case studies of some 30 charts and you will surely conclude that True node Rahu / Ketu is best.

Many a times sublords do change and it has a big impact in analysis of Rahu/ Ketu\'s periods of Dasha /Bukthi/ Anthara as the planet significations changes if its in the fag end or beginning of house cusps. In one horoscope where i analysed, Rahu occupied 7 house but changing true to mean changed the occupancy from 7th house to 6th house. In this case Rahu the marriage significator becomes occupant of 6th which is detrimental house to marriage.  
In none of the 6 readers our guruji Sri K.S Krishnamurthy has mentioned explicitly as to what has to be used.

I use Jhora with true node settings.

Virinchi

oops.. i had some chart in mind when i was posting that. i was supposed to write 2 degrees.. it was a typo.
sublords of rahu and ketu changed.
but that person already went through ketu dasa and now undergoing rahu dasa.

looking at his past and present events, TRUE nodes in Jhora worked perfect for me.
infact i\'ve been using the same since past few yrs.

In krishnamurti\'s books, he only published ephemeris and gave ayanamsa to be deduced for that particular year.

But you can verify from his case studies that he too used TRUE nodes.
(refer K.P fourth reader on marriage, married life and children. example chart is on page 197. but you can see that in all charts of that book TRUE nodes are taken, when you cross check with Jhora)
Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

JayTee

yes. i too realised that rahu, ketu must be set to TRUE after many case studies
even sri krishnamurti\'s case studies in his books are same calculation though he never mentioned it.

Sujay

@ Virinchi and Jaytee

Yes, you are right. Well many KP astrologers use True only.

Would recommend one more free astro software named \"Maitreya\" (i think it is from germany, available in english with glyphs also). Well its great to know many Germans are learning KP astrology as well. This software doesnt have horary features whereas it is simple and user friendly and accurate too. I make use of this for quick RPs and natal charts.
However u need to make some basic settings to software after u install so that it is KP enabled.

SaSirEkha

Hi Sujay, i downloaded this Maitreya software but its not userfriendly like Jhora.
also i dint understand how to see K.P sublords and significators etc

also i think ayanamsa when set to k.p is not giving accurate results

for example, try the sample horoscope data in other thread and see how many degrees ASc. is varying
correct me if i\'m wrong in using this tool

Sujay

Hi Sasirekha, am sure you have to recheck ur configurations settings.

I am using maitreya older version 3 from many years. It is accurate with regard to planterary and cups sublords. As i said earlier i am just using this alternatively. With every software, there exists variation of few seconds in house cusps calculations. I have explored many softwares but u will be surprised to know that none of the softwares matches to the seconds value. I think any software with max of 1 min variation can be accepted and is a better one to use. Thats why i personally feel its always better to calculate it manually.

Coming back to the latest version. After checking ur post i downloaded 6.0.3 ver and rechecked the sublords, cusps. It is reflecting accurate values. With the required settings made appropriately the values are correct. Recheck ur configuration settings individually. Once you are done with changes you need not worry about the accuracy.

To view sublords u can use an option called Text View in the menu. Select KP there and dasha system as vimshottari. This software has lot of glyphs and values and lesser look and feel as compared to other softwares. It is open source software and anyone interested to make suitable changes can dowload the source code maybe with prior permission with concerned person and modify as per their needs.

Seetaram

prof.krishnamurti always used true nodes, though he didnt had all these softwares in his days.
i too follow same and it proved right in all my experiences
All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire

Seetaram

now can those people who use mean nodes and write in their panchangs that ketu will stay in gemini till june 4th 2011, explain how solar eclipse is happenning on june 1st with sun and moon in taurus but ketu still in gemini?
All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire

LEO

thanks guys
i too used true node in Jhora with old k.p ayanamsa and got accurate results of rahu, ketu sublords and events matched with what i saw in charts