TREATMENT OF KELOID (A HARD SCAR) THROUGH AYURVEDA AND YOGA)

Started by jidnyasu, August 04, 2010, 12:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jidnyasu

hey hi friends
this is my first post as i am new to this site i am very much influenced with this site and all the topics discussed in these forum are of my interests and pursuits

coming to the point now how can one person get rid of a scar turned to keloid  an allopathy has no solution for ir but i hope Ayurveda and yoga definitely have.....! so i request all users to plz give der opinions and remedies for this topic.
     and ha its my first forum so please kindly consider my mistakes or any lacuna. suggessions and comments are awaited.
                                 thank you.

Virinchi

there is no complete cure if keloid is BIG.
However few herbs can used as prescribed by ayurveda for reduction of keloid scar

Ayurvedic treatment of keloid is aimed at reducing the size of the keloid and treating symptoms like itching and pain. Medicines like Arogya-Vardhini, Maha-Manjishthadi-Qadha, Triphala-Guggulu, Chandra-Prabha-Vati and Kaishor-Guggulu are used to reduce the size of the keloid. Herbal medicines which can be used in this condition are: Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Behada (Terminalia bellerica), Marich (Piper nigrum), Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia), Saariva (Hemidesmus indicus), Yashtimadhuk (Glycerrhiza glabra) and Mandukparni (Centella asiatica). Medicines which act on the \'Ras\' and \'Rakta\' dhatus (tissues) are useful in this condition. These medicines include Kutaj (Holarrhina antidysentrica), Kutki (Picrorrhiza kurroa), Patol (Tricosanthe dioica), Patha (Cissampelos pareira) and Musta (Cyperus rotundus).

In addition to oral medications, local application on the keloid is also a very important aspect of treatment. Herbal formulations which can be used for this purpose are: Panch-Tikta-Ghrut, Triphala-Ghrut, Kshar oil, Mahasaindhav oil and Chandan- Bala-Laxadi oil. An ointment containing Manjishtha, Saariva, Usheer (Vetiveria zizanioidis), Chandan (Santalum album), Triphala (Three fruits), Swarjika-Kshar and Tankan-Bhasma is used for local application on the keloids 2 or 3 times daily.

Medicines like Triphala-Guggulu, Kaishor-Guggulu, Mahamanjishthadi-Qadha, Yashtimadhuk, Mandukparni, Ras Parpati, Kutaj-Parpati and Panchamrut-Parpati need to be given for prolonged periods. These medicines need to be continued for at least 1 to 2 months after a complete resolution of the keloid, in order to prevent a recurrence of the condition.

however i would like to see ayurvedic experts on this forum to comment on this
Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

jidnyasu

hey thanx for detailed ayurvedic medicines effective on kelloids its vry difficult to get rid of it ny ways can u suggest ny yoga poses (asanaas) for other typesof healing through which it can b reduced or eliminated..... the medicines u mentioned are vry effective i havread abt dis medicines b4 also so ur  taking me in a right direction...bt my prob is dey r too much and the ointments also are much isnt der any ointment which conatins all the mentioned medicines or most of them...
                  i was nt expecting so soon reply thank you for reply.

Samantha

practice Anuloma pranayama

Anuloma pranayama is a type of Pranayama. Anuloma in Sanskrit means \"alternate\". It is one of the easier types of pranayama, and can be practiced without expert guidance.

Anuloma pranayama is breathing through alternate nostrils of the nose. It is otherwise known as Nadi Shuddhi Pranayama or Nadi Shodhona Pranayama. It is practiced by sitting in any asana, such as sukhasana, vajrasana or padmasana. Alternate nostrils are closed, generally by using the right hand\'s thumb, ring finger, and little finger. The thumb is used for closing the right nostril and the ring and little fingers are used to close the left nostril. The mouth is closed, and is not used for breathing. No sound should be produced while inhaling or exhaling.

The cycle of practice is:

* The right nostril is closed with the thumb. Air is exhaled through the left nostril, and inhaled back through the same nostril.
    * The left nostril is closed with the ring finger. Air is exhaled through the right nostril, and inhaled back through the same nostril.

This is repeated at a normal breathing rate. It is advisable to have an inhale : exhale ratio of 1 : 2. Changing nostril after exhaling is considered wrong. Many health benefits are claimed for this pranayama. It is advisable to practise Single Nostril Breathing before doing this pranayama. This pranayama can also be practiced with breath retention (Kumbhaka), after a long practice of the ordinary one. The inhale : retention : exhale ratio must be 1:4:2.

jidnyasu

hey thanx for immdiate reply , i wil dafinately do anuloma pranayama m doing rt nw is sarvangasna, shirshana, and and vajrasana, supta vajrasana pawanmuktasana  and  sun salutations. r dey useful for in the treatment or sum diffrent poses r to b tried. bt m getting benifited for maintaing happy state of mind engergising  attttiude also sun salutations are helping me in mainating good posture and muscle gain.  m lovin it. thankx