Srividya Upasana

Started by lionupa, November 27, 2014, 08:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionupa

Dear Members,

I am a newbie to the forum, but have been others' posts in the forum for several months.

I have a question on srividya.

About 7 years back there was a sense of calling from the Goddess, and my wife I got initiated into srividya upasana. I took the purna diksha and mahapadukanta diksha 4 years back. I am inclined to pray the mother besides study of gita for the purpose of gaining strength and life guidance in stressful times.

There has not been any special ability gained by me so far, but I read both in books and the internet that special powers are achievable by doing earnestly srividya upasana. Are there any others in the forum who have been doing srividya upasana? I would like to hear their opinions on the merits to such claims of achieving special powers from it. Can a upasaka also overcome the negative effects of horoscope from doing sincere upasana?

Thank you.

Virinchi

Bala upasana is the first step to enter the process of Srividya Upasana.
Without completing this step, Lalitha or Panchadasi or Shodasi Mantra will not show any visible effects.
You can start by getting initiated with bala mantra or just read Tripura Rahasya - Gnana Khanda to start experiencing something

Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

lionupa

My guru gave Bala diksha, at first, in 2007. He wanted to observe the progress and my sincerity in doing Bala japa before giving me initiation for the others. It took me more than 3 years of daily japa to complete one purascharana of Bala mantra. In 2010, my guru gave initiation of Soubhagya Vidya, Shodashi and Mahapadukanta Dikshas all at once. It was in 2011, after this initiation, I had achieved my life's dream job - which otherwise seemed impossible until then, as I have been unsuccessful in getting that job for the previous 5+ years.

Perhaps, getting the dream job can be said to be an outcome of the mantra siddhi of Bala. Whereas the higher Srividya mantras contain more syllables in them, and completing a purascharana would take several more years (than the 3 years that a purascharana of Bala mantra took). Does it really need a purascharana to get the mantra siddhi for any mantra?

OMkaar

Shodasi mantra is specifically to attain salvation ONLY. It wont give any materialistic results.
Panchadasi has given spiritual powers, higher intuition etc in experience but not noticeable quick materialistic results.
BALA mantra can give you what you want in this world and you've already tried it..

It certainly takes a purascharana to get the mantra siddhi for any mantra [unless you've done some part of it in previous life(lives) ]

Virinchi

Basic Siddhi in this method is your internal system being regulated.
Like hunger, digestion, sleep, intuition, alertness will be perfect
Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

lionupa

Thank you for the replies.