karma comes first, God comes next

Started by Virinchi, May 05, 2009, 06:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauranggroups

@devilz.paradiz,

Since you've spoken about surrendering to God. I'm giving this Sloka.

"Sarva dharmaan Parityajya Maam Ekam Saranam Vraja |
Aham tvaam Sarva Paapebhyo Mokshayishyaami Maa suchaha ||"

This is called 'Charama Sloka'. This is the 66th Sloka in the 18th Chapter of Bhagavad Gita. This is mentioned as the most secret knowledge of all that exists.

The meaning of this Sloka is "Give up all types of Dharmas (Dharma here means Religions and Practices to attain Salvation) and surrender yourself completely unto  me (Lord Krishna) alone. I'll save you from all types of sins and give you Salvation. Don't Worry."
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.

devilz.paradiz

@gaurang
i have a doubt on salvation and soul liberation..
is lord krishna is only supreme w.r.t all the trilokadipathis..... is shiva not able to give salvation to us...
i have gone through some websites mainly iskcon related sites where they consider worshipping shiva leads a person to go to hell as shiva is tamsik in nature... and what about ista devatas that we see in our charts..... are they only able to show the path for liberation of soul... ??

gauranggroups

@devilz.paradiz,

Since you've addressed me directly and had questioned, I'm answering you. Normally, I won't answer questions like this as it may create unnecessary arguments and debates between many people here. Everyone will have their own beliefs and they'll have their own justifications for that too.

There's only one 'God' and that's called 'Bramham' or 'Parabramham' or 'Paramatma'. As per our Shastras, it's name is 'Narayana' or 'Krishna' or 'Ishwara' and from him only the trinity of 'Bramha', 'Vishnu' and 'Shiva' got expanded. So it's more like three different angles / images of the same source. For the purpose of material manifestation, the trinity have taken three different modes, i.e Rajas (Mode of Passion), Sattvam (Mode of Goodness) and Tamas (Mode of Ignorance). Hence people belonging to that mode will take interest and approach the God according to that mode. People belonging to each mode will consider their 'Murthy' as the superior and the other two inferior.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.

gauranggroups

Continuing the above reply....

'Salvation' or 'Soul Liberation' is nothing but leaving this material world with cycle of Birth and Death and reach that 'Bramham'. So the destination is one, but there are 3 major routes for that same destination. Those routes are called as 'Siddhantas' (Philosophy). They are Advaita, Dwaita and Visishtadvaita. Sri Adi Sankara, Sri Madvachariar and Sri Ramanujachariar were the three main Gurus respectively of those Siddhantas, who revived Hinduism in the medieval period. People can choose any of these Siddhantas according to their tastes.

I'm always interested in exploring and knowing about all these things. Hence I've explored ISKCON too along with others. Their siddhanta is 'Visishtadvaita'. They don't have any separate Sacred Books like some other Spiritual / Yoga movements. They're also following the same Shastras. Since ISKCON is inclined towards 'Sattva Guna', they'll prefer 'Vishnu' and 'Vishnu tattvas' over others. That's what I've explained in the 2nd para.

Hence as per any scriptures (ISKCON scriptures included), there's no such thing as if we worship Shiva, we'll go to hell and all. It's simply few people there who are posting such untrue things. Again as I said in my first para, each and every person will have their own opinion and interest. That's what they're expressing in such sites and blogs. Hence if you have more affinity towards 'Lord Shiva', worship him with full devotion. No need to have any second thought about it. Personally, I like 'Lord Shiva' very much. Hence most of my Profile Pictures would be either 'Lord Shiva' or 'Harihara'.

Ishta Devata worship is for material desires. If you want any materialistic benefits, your Ishta Devata will be more favorable to you than other Devatas. But they're not for 'Salvation'.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

gauranggroups

You may have a doubt that if all the three trinities are from the same source, why Vishnu and Shiva are considered superior by many people and why not Bramha by any. There's a reason for that too. 'Bramha' is not a particular person, it's a post like 'Indra'. 'Bramha' is the highest position an 'Atma' / 'Jivatma' can attain. An 'Atma' can't become a 'Vishnu' or 'Shiva' as they're not posts. But with sincere devotion, we can reach their abodes.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

devilz.paradiz

Thankyou sir for shedding some light on this topic.... as i was searching for related topics i came by an intresting site giving some info on evolution of universe ... and it can be clearly said from our ancient scriptures that these cool guys  ;) help out each other like Lord Rama doing abhishekam to Sivalingam in rameshwaram and Lord Vishnu helping Shiva in some occasions ...btw i like both of them infact i do chant mrutyujaya mathram and Vishnu sahasranamam daily as well :)

https://sivapurana.blogspot.in/2009/05/evolution-of-universe.html

devilz.paradiz

and btw why population is increasing instead of decreasing...especially India with estimates of becoming most populous country in the world by 2025... :D

gauranggroups

;D Population of 'Atmas' are not increasing. It's only the population of human beings are increasing by decreasing the population of other living beings like animals, birds, trees, plants and herbs and hence resulting in imbalance. This will keep going on and on, which will eventually result in 'Maha Pralaya'.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

gauranggroups

Stop reading the Shastras from these sites and blogs. If you wanna learn Shastras, go get some books that are written by some good Gurus who are from some good 'Guru Parampara'. Try to read books and commentaries that are written by 'Adi Sankara' or 'Ramanuja' or 'Madvachariya' or 'Chaitanya Maha Prabhu'. Don't read books from unknown sources as they'll easily misguide you.

Quote from: devilz.paradiz on November 20, 2013, 08:42:01 PM
Thankyou sir for shedding some light on this topic.... as i was searching for related topics i came by an intresting site giving some info on evolution of universe ... and it can be clearly said from our ancient scriptures that these cool guys  ;) help out each other like Lord Rama doing abhishekam to Sivalingam in rameshwaram and Lord Vishnu helping Shiva in some occasions ...btw i like both of them infact i do chant mrutyujaya mathram and Vishnu sahasranamam daily as well :)

https://sivapurana.blogspot.in/2009/05/evolution-of-universe.html
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

kumara36

Quote from: Virinchi on May 05, 2009, 06:20:45 PM
This is fact.

Whether we pray to god or not, whether we perform remedies like wearing gemstones, crystal healing, reiki, chanting mantras etc, karma will give us what it has to, or rather what we deserve.

This is very true & hats off for the great idea!  :)