Pitru Dosha or Pitr Dosh is caused by multiple combinations in a person’s horoscope according to Vedic Astrology.
Major reason is said to be Sun – Saturn connection. Either exchange of houses by these two planets, one aspecting another, both aspecting each other, both conjunct in same house can cause Pitru Dosha.
Similar relation between Jupiter and Mercury can also cause pitru dosha, but at with lesser effects.
Curses of forefathers is said to cause pitra dosham according to puranas, but reality is that, one faces this only because of his/her past life deeds.
There are be millions of souls in this world who are not resting in peace. All the souls are ancestors of someone who are alive today.
But, reality is that Pitra devatas are not the one who are deceased, but the ones who are never born and will never die.
They reside in the form of DNA and continue that ‘Gotra‘ through ‘Y’ chromosome of males in that family.
When one person suffers from pitru dosha, his/her family will struggle to see next generation smoothly.
Either they will not have kids, or their children will seperate from them, or no male kids in next generation will end their Gotra.
Various combinations in horoscope leading to Pitru Dosha
- Venus, Saturn and Rahu, or two of these three are situated in the 5th House of horoscope – The Sun becomes malefic and shows its ill effects on the native.
- Ketu is situated in the 4th House of horoscope – One receives the malefic effects of Planet Moon.
- Mercury or Ketu or both are situated in 1st or 8th House in the horoscope- Mars gives inauspicious results to the native.
- Moon is situated in the 3rd or 6th House of the horoscope of the native- The native suffers from the malefic effects of planet Mercury.
- Venus, Mercury or Rahu, any two of these three or all the three planets are situated in 2nd or 5th or 9th or 12th House of the horoscope of the native- The planet Jupiter gives inauspicious results.
- If Sun or Moon or Rahu or any two out of these three or all these three planets are situated in the 7th House of the horoscope- The planet Venus becomes inauspicious and gives malefic effects to the native.
- Sun, Moon or Mars or two out of these three or all these three are situated in 10th or 11th House in the horoscope- Saturn gives malefic effects as it becomes inauspicious due to the above placement.
- Sun or Venus or both are situated in 12th House in the horoscope- Rahu gives bad results to the native as it is rendered inauspicious due to this planetary position.
- Moon or Mars is situated in 6th House in horoscope- Ketu gives bad results to the native.
Effects of Pitru Dosha
- No Male Child to continue the Gotra
- No children at all
- Frequent abortions
- Disputes between siblings, leading to seperations
- Son discontinuing educating or career without proper reason
- Children refusing to marry
- Cannot find suitable person to marry
- Physical or social restrictions block marriage and progeny
- Kids getting addicted to alcohol or drugs
- Children dying before carrying on till next generation
- Mentally or Physically challenged children being born
- Cracked walls, leaking water pipes, ever runnings taps, spilling of boiling milk frequently
- Mosquitoes, cockroaches and ants in house despite heavy pest control
- Always in debts and losses in business.
- Frequent change of job or no job at all
- Children disrespecting elders.
In a horoscope, judging afflictions of 9th house will also give clear idea of Pitru Dosh.
Because 9th house tells us about karmic balance coming from past life (lives), saturn or sun badly effecting that house leads to this problem.
Usually, a person who practiced black magic (Magick), witchcraft etc forbidden methods and tried to apply them on others for his personal benefit or revenge or even if he does it by taking money or favors from others, his next life will experience ill-effects of Pitru Dosha.
His or her descendants will also suffer from bad effects of this dosha. In a way, they themselves will take rebirth in same gotra to get paid back for what they have done in past.
Vedic Remedies to reduce Pitru Dosha Effects
No remedy can completely nullify a dosha as one has taken birth to experience his/her karmic debt and clear it.
But few methods can reduce the intensity of those effects.
- Take blessings from parents everyday before leaving the house
- Perform religious rights prescribed for deceased ancestors regularly
- Feel sorry in your mind for past deeds
- Donate atleast 5-10% of your income to physically or mentally handicapped people
- Try to maintain good relations within the family and siblings.
- Taking responsibility for the marriage of a girl preferably of a poor family to obtain the grace of God and ancestors.
- Water the Banyan tree and observe fasting during nights of fullmoon and newmoon days