There seem to be quite a few frangrances for this:

Helps sleep: Cedre, Hyacinth, Laurel, Musk, Rosemary, Sandalwood

Promotes dreams: Lavander, Mimosa, Vetiver

pallavi

wow :cool: i never knew that incense sticks can promote dreams also
lemme try lavander

Sharmila

yea... they work..

thats the reasons some ppl still follow this.. many ladies decorate thr bedroom/hair vd thr fav flowers b4 they sleep...

its sounding new but not new.. :)

Virinchi

if you feel you have some evil forces around you or evil eye thats disturbing your sleep and causing bad dreams, then try this :

take a dhoop stick

and when it starts burning at top, put some turmeric powder on its top.
let the turmeric powder burn along with dhoop stick and feel the burning turmeric smell.

dont switch on the fan until the dhoop completely turns to ash and then open a window to let some of its smell to go out.
then close windows and sleep tight

Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

shamita

Quote from: pallavi on April 30, 2009, 12:59:31 PM
wow :cool: i never knew that incense sticks can promote dreams also
lemme try lavander

hey pallavi, did the incense stick work for you. this is a much  better idea than oils. i love the smell of agarbathi.

gauranggroups

Guys,

If we use incense sticks inside room and close the door and windows while sleeping, few people may get good dreams because of that fragrance, but it's not good for health. We should sleep with free air circulation in the room. If we don't follow that, our body will grow weaker and weaker gradually and we'll start getting many kinds of diseases. It's better to have some natural fragrances like fresh flowers or spray something like rose water in the bed, etc with opened windows and doors and sleep.

If we use smoky things like incense sticks / dhoops, our kidneys and lungs will get affected. Also we'll get it's by-products like kidney stones, sinusitis, wheezing and bronchitis, etc.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.

shamita

that is true our body needs fresh air, but the place where i live in winters we have to turn on the heater and in summer it is extremly hot, can't live without turn on the AC. so feeling fresh air is scarce , somtimes i miss india so much. or wish i culd live down south.

pallavi

tropical climate (close to equator, in india below vindhya mountains) is the best environment where you live naturally

Star Dust

that method of burning turmeric on dhoop stick is for driving out evil forces, leeching souls etc out of that place.
In a day..when u dont come across any problems... you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path - SWAMI VIVEKANANDA

drkiranelr

this turmeric has lot of advantages.my frd said that daily put some turmeric paste to ur main entrance door that will also drives out evil forces.