Author Topic: Mixing traditional astrology with KP  (Read 12771 times)

gauranggroups

Mixing traditional astrology with KP
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 01:43:40 AM »
Rudra,

It's really a very good question. I think everyone should answer this with their point of views.

All the major events in a person's life are written already based on his / her last birth's karma. But other normal and small events are left with us. Hence it's where we are left with deciding whether to do good or bad. This will impact the Karma. There's a popular saying "Some are hard and fast rules which cannot be changed. But some are flexible rules which are in our hands to choose between good and bad side." The same will apply to Karma also.

In Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna is saying to Arjuna, "It is your last birth's karma which has assigned you to do certain duties in this birth. But how you are going to do them now will determine your future Karma".
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.

Astrology Forums

« Reply #11 on: Today at 06:35:25 AM »

interglossa

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 02:06:01 AM »
I have been wondering about karma/written/predestined destiny myself for quite a time..

off topic- this is jyotish forum but nevertheless, as I have been reading about Western Astrology for a couple of years, and only last year found out the impact of Hellenistic/renaissance, traditional, medieval  astrology, I have become very depressed by their teaching/belief...the only thing we can do is cook soup...in the sense nothing really depends on us, if it is written, it is written, and it us up to us to choose between God and evil, and the real domain up to which we can reach is - cooking soup, both literally and metaphorically.

This has led me to really think what is that which we can change? In my opinion nothing. As you have mentioned if it was written for a person to be saved by someone, then it is only the right person at the right time in the right place...again predestined and ours is either not to know it or if we somehow know can not change it.

This is where I get depressed in the sense, no matter what I think (even though thinking again may be predestined in the sense of having an aim/ the aim is predestined to be fulfilled, so the process of thinking is alarmed and triggered by the event that is predestined as an aim to be fulfilled) but mind this, so if no matter what I think, do, feel, wish, want, hope for, fear of...the event/tragedy/happy event will happen...meaning that if one is to have a child...he/she will have it...wishing not wishing, thinking of it/not thinking of it...or again take any other event in life...if it is to happen not much actually depends on us...

And this makes me mad I must admit it...I can't change the world, the people, the circumstances, the feelings, the situations, the existence of anything actually...no matter how much energy I put...and what is the point then?

Astrology as a predictive divination science can be of help of course if precise things are predicted by serious astrologers...and maybe help us prepare for the time to come...but are we really so helpless?

gauranggroups

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 02:11:46 AM »

Virinchi,

Thanks for the post! You are one of the very few persons whom I have very high regards. Hence I don't wanna contradict here.

But I would like to share few thoughts here. As I said earlier, I didn't know anything about KP before coming to this forum. It was you, Sujay, Mr.Seetaram, SasiRekha and Apparao who impressed me very much with you guys' predictions for World Cup Cricket matches and answers for technical queries. And all you guys were answering everyone to forget about Traditional Astrology as it's not accurate and not that much helpful. The very same you people were telling that only KP Astrology is the ultimate form of Astrology. Then only I got a good impression on KP and started learning too leaving Traditional Astrology. After coming to this forum, I haven't consulted any Traditional Astrologer for any solutions too. But now you are saying that Traditional Astrology is an Ocean and we can get answers for everything. ?????!!!!!

You've mentioned that Krishnamurthi didn't work on sub-sub divisions. True. But he has paved the way for it with "subs". After that even if we are working with sub-sub or sub-sub-sub or even deeper, everything has come from the same formula, nah? That's what I've mentioned there. The formula has been given by KSK. Keeping it as a base and developing more and more is an Astrologer's talent. You are doing that with great efficiency. I admire that. But what Varenya has mentioned is that KP is not fully evolved and hence we can change the basic formula itself. That's where I contradicted.

Also you have mentioned that Swami Vivekananda has said that not to blindly follow something as it's said or written by someone. Yes, this is true for ordinary persons, but not for a Guru. The very same Swami Vivekananda has said that one should choose a Guru after careful examination. But after choosing a Guru, one should surrender himself fully and follow him without any doubts in our mind.

Sorry if I've said anything wrong. Whatever I felt, I've told. Thanks!!!

Krishnamurti hasn't really worked on sub-sub divisions and further
He said remedies dont work because its all written and will happen but in Reader IV he discusses about gemstones.

I just follow what appeals and proves itself to me.
just as vivekananda said, dont blindly follow something because its said or written by someone.
apply it, test it thoroughly and then decide.

traditional astrology is an ocean and it can answer any question but you need to have expertise and patience to look at many divisional charts to answer many questions.
(it goes upto D-120 too)

what K.P has done is just simplified the application by using two terms : significator and sublord.

you can mix any method into any and try.
what ultimately matters to a person who asks question to an astrologer is, if your answer is perfect or not.
so keep trying and learning

Sujay

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 10:34:16 PM »
@ Varenya

I totally disagree that KP has not evolved. Maybe the understanding of the subject KP has not evolved amongst astrologers.

K.P is not fully evolved
He passed away before he could answer few/many questions

so, take K.p ayanamsa, method and then do your own research

Virinchi

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 10:44:38 PM »
@rudra, you or me or anyone are not CREATING any NEW karma.
read tripura rahasya and it'll explain everything.

karma can be understood like mass (which can neither be created nor destroyed. But only transfered from one place[form] to another).

similarly we're just transfering karma to each other through multiple lives and when one soul is left with no karma to recieve or transfer, its game on earth is over and thats salvation.

you asked why god created all this ?

maybe you haven't read these articles : https://www.astrogle.com/philosophy

also read ramakrishna paramahamsa (i call him paramahimsa though) teachings.
everything is explained. we just have to open up and find it
Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

gauranggroups

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 01:44:12 AM »

Virinchi,

What a simple, but beautiful explanation of Karma! Good one, yaar!! Impressed!!!

karma can be understood like mass (which can neither be created nor destroyed. But only transfered from one place[form] to another).

similarly we're just transfering karma to each other through multiple lives and when one soul is left with no karma to recieve or transfer, its game on earth is over and thats salvation.

Astrology Forums

« Reply #16 on: Today at 06:35:25 AM »

rudra

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 04:01:59 AM »

@ Virinchi

Thanks for your answer, I went through Tripura Rahasya 2 months back, not fully read it....only half but I didnt come across the funda "you or me or anyone are not CREATING any NEW karma"....may be I need to read deeply.

I would be highly grateful if you give me specific page nums in Tripura Rahasya, which is big,  which explains this concept...........it will help everyone here.

Also,  regarding why God created all this.....again can you or any other old member from this forum tell me which topic to look for in philosophy section....as there r many topics here.

Respects,
Rudra

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via telegram Share via twitter