Ayurvedic Methods for Whitening of Teeth
Ayurveda provides many kinds of toothpaste and toothbrushes for maintaining white healthy teeth. One of them is toothpaste made by mixing a paste of holy basil leaves with mustard oil. The neem and babul twigs are used as toothbrushes. They are rubbed vigorously on the teeth (sometimes with charcoal also) in order to remove all the plaque accumulated on the teeth and to make them whiter.
Home Remedies for Whitening of Teeth
1. For teeth that have lost their white color, prepare a mixture of charcoal of babul wood, roasted alum and some rock salt. Rub this on the teeth instead of using the conventional toothpaste. You will have white and long-lasting healthy teeth.
2. You can try using sodium bicarbonate regularly each morning as a toothpowder instead of toothpaste. Sodium bicarbonate replenishes the lost mineral content of the teeth, which helps them to regain their whiteness.
3. Strawberries, tomatoes and amalaki contain good vitamin C content. These can be directly applied on the teeth. Vitamin C helps in removing the plaque on the teeth and makes them whiter.
4. Rub an orange peel on the teeth every night before going to sleep. The vitamin C of the orange peel will combat with the microorganisms all through the night.
5. Take adequate measures of dental hygiene. Brush your teeth after every meal, or at least in the morning and before going to bed. While brushing your teeth, take care to sweep out all the embedded food particles. This is the most natural way to keep your teeth white and healthy.