Author Topic: Cactus?  (Read 12074 times)

tara

Cactus?
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:17:09 PM »
Hello friends, I happen to learn that cactus is very good for health etc... the place where i live is more of hybrid veg exception with this cactus i assume are there any Indian food combination recipes with masala to prepare with cactus? please share I am very eager to prepare some dashing dishes using cactus.
~Tara

Linkback: https://www.astrogle.com/forums/fitness-general-well-being-home-decor/35/cactus/1478/

Astrology Forums

Cactus?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:34:09 PM »

Seetaram

Cactus?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »
me too :smilegrin: pls share your recipe with me
All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire

tara

Cactus?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:41:41 PM »
Welcome back!!! Seetaramji, I assume your trip to Himalayas was excellent and a relaxing one...we missed you here...

one of my shorties recipes for cactus
1) tomatoes + spring onion or onions + coriander + cactus( cleaned) +green chillies+(optional--avocado) cut all of this in small pieces and use it like salsa for any side for corn chips :)
~T

vlbedoc

Cactus?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »
welcome back Seetaram ji..!! i was wondering where u were..!

there are a few recipes here.. :

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56276&page=2

tara

Cactus?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 11:13:19 PM »
vlbedoc, if you google you get dime a dozen recepies on internet which one is works good for Indian taste bud matters.... and also if some one has tried earlier it will be nice to try as we know that recipie comes out good taste or something .... anyways
I am trying this starter soup below recipe this weekend on some guests :-)
it is a \"Bean Soup with cactus\"

2 cups of bean, soaked for 5 or 6 hours and cooked with water in pressure cooker with salt
butter
1/2 red onion chopped
5  cactus pads, scraped and diced
good amount of cilantro chopped
salt and pepper to taste
boil or stew it and serve hot :-)
~Tara

vlbedoc

Cactus?
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 01:47:08 AM »
i know.. i posted that link coz most of the recipes were vegetarian..

ur soup sounds really good.. i would add a bit of chopped spinach and celery to that too.. adds color and nutritional value.. lots of vitamins & fibre and tastes fantastic..

just be sure to rinse the cactus well to avoid slime...

Astrology Forums

Cactus?
« Reply #6 on: Today at 08:34:09 PM »

pallavi

Cactus?
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »
@tara and vlbedoc
did anyone of you tried this ?
wonder how cactus tates like :kiss:

vlbedoc

Cactus?
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 04:27:08 PM »
yeah.. since we have a lot of mexicans here in US, these ppl bring such cuisines from back home.. they call it Nopalitos.. its good, light, slightly sour and juicy..

tara

Cactus?
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 06:56:09 PM »
Hi Pallavi, Honestly i am yet to try the soup... but my first recipe/salsa that goes with corn chips  I have tried BUT again can cactus not the fresh one.....My husband is already given me a bad look when I said i will try on the guests so many be I will not be experimenting this weekend but sure will try in small quantity and will keep you posted with the taste.
~T

Sushma

Cactus?
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 09:08:03 AM »
:lol: tara
try it and if you comeback with good health and post a reply, we\'ll try too ;)
it sounds good but i\'m not sure about taste

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via telegram Share via twitter