Author Topic: How can milk consumers be vegetarians  (Read 8161 times)

SaSirEkha

How can milk consumers be vegetarians
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 09:58:05 AM »
mine is \"A\" and i rarely have milk or coffee
actually i never felt its need ever since in high school

Astrology Forums

« Reply #11 on: Today at 08:33:03 AM »

pallavi

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 07:33:22 PM »
if vitamins and protein are only essentials which animal milk can give, then better use seed milk like Soy Milk.
It tastes good with added flavors like strawberry, vanilla, banana, chocolate etc
but its more expensive than animal milk

in reality no animal consumes milk after growing up and after it starts finding its own food.
even humans dont need milk after they start walking

SaSirEkha

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 10:29:06 AM »
i agree
we dont need animal extracts to survive
plants are enough for human growth.
coming to protiens, cow or buffallow milk have only 4% protien, but soy milk can have upto 7-8%

sonipravin

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »
Text

Dear Friends,

Eating of Non Veg food is sinful and this is done after killing the Goat, Chicken etc. etc. Somesay Eggs are Vegetarian and some say it is non vegetarian. Drinking of Milk is Vegetarian or non vegetarian I don\'t know but I have read one book \"The Master Answers\" by Radhasoami Master.

HE states that a man cannot survive without eating vegetables and even though it involves cutting the trees or their branches or taking vegetables/fruits from them which is also sinful we commit lesser sin than if we eat chicken, goat, sheep etc. etc. The sin you commit by eating vegetables is much less and can be washed away by Meditation but to wash away the sin commited by killing animals is very big and it cannot be washed away easily.  So I guess milk also comes in the former category.

Pravin Kumar

Seetaram

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 01:26:53 PM »
milk comes in non-veg category because its formed from animal fat and is extracted with force from animals
also these days calves are deprived of their mother\'s milk and used only for dairy business
so, forceful extraction and depriving calves of their mother\'s milk are bigger sins
and people who buy such milk are encouraging and adding to it.
All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire

Samantha

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
some alternative high protein milk can be extracted from seeds like almonds and soya
they have more proteins than cow or buffallo milk

Astrology Forums

« Reply #16 on: Today at 08:33:03 AM »

Vaani

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 12:51:22 PM »
this is interesting observation
i guess we all need to consume only soya milk or just quit all milk

gauranggroups

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 05:29:28 PM »
It\'s really an interesting article. It\'s really heartening to see so many people giving their support against the animal extracts. If all the people start thinking like this, we can save so many lives. I support this.

But people who are non-vegetarians have their own opinions. They\'re saying that if they don\'t eat non-veg, the ecological balance will get disturbed and hence they are eating them. Hence we cannot change them.

But god hasn\'t created us like Carnivores and hence we are not created as natural Non-vegetarians. Hence according to our Shastras, we should remain Veggies. But drinking milk hasn\'t been stated as a sin in any of our Shastras. Only thing is we shouldn\'t deny their mothers\' milk to calves. That\'s a sin. After that, we can take the milk from cows.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.

Star Dust

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
is there any animal that drinks milk even after growing up ?
forget shastras written by men and think logically.

are you sure that milk you drink came only after cow/buffallo fed its calves
what if animals too start extracting milk from humans for their families?

its better to have soy milk as it has more proteins than animal milk
In a day..when u dont come across any problems... you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path - SWAMI VIVEKANANDA

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via telegram Share via twitter