The seven main chakras in our body

Started by Guia K Monti, September 16, 2009, 09:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guia K Monti

I'd like to give a quick introduction on chakras, just a few lines......
Chakra is a Sanskrit word that literally means "WHEELS OF LIGHT". A chakra is an energy vortex, like our own mini-tornadoes...

chakras : has a physical, an emotional, a creative and a celestial component.

Besides these, each chakra has its own purpose or particular viewpoint based on the area of consciousness that it influences.

Chakras are the energy centers of our body. The traditional \"in body\" major chakras are seven:

1. Base/First or root chakra, found at the coccyx
2. Second or Sacral chakra, covers the pubic area, uo to about under the navel (more about this later)
3. Third or Solar Plexus chakra (stomach/diaphragm)
4. Fourth or Heart chakra (actually not right on the heart but amid the chest, sternum part)
5. Fifth or Throat chakra
6. Sixth or Third Eye or Brow chakra (forehead)
7. Seventh or Crown chakra (top of the head)

The traditional Sanskrit names are are: (I must admit I never manage to remember them all)

1) Muladhara for the First chakra
2) Svadhisthana for the Second hakra
3) Manipura for the Third chakra
4) Anahata for the Fourth chakra
5) Visuddha for the Fifth chakra
6) Ajna for the Sixth chakra
7) Sahasrara for the Seventh chakra

Guia K Monti

These energy centers can behave in several ways. Firstly they can draw in or emit energy.
The \"normal\" behaviour would be to draw in energy, when they emit it, you will feel depleted and tired.
Apart from that they can be closed/blocked or active. Sometimes some chakras can be partially blocked.
The best way I found to diagnose how a chakra is at a given moment is by using a pendulum.
If you keep a pendulum straight above a chakra, you will notice that soon enough it will start spinning.
By observing how it spins we can understand a lot:
If it spin clockwise, the chakra is open and functional
if it spins anticlockwise it is generally considered to be blocked or closed (I say \"generally\" because there are exceptions, which I shall explain later).

Guia K Monti

The First chakra is found in the coccyx, its aspect is essentially masculine. Its color is RED.
Rosalyn Bruyere\'s book \"Wheels of Light\" mainly turns around the First chakra. The focus is on the first chakra because it is the one that when it opens up releases the Qi, the vital energy, kundalini. And if you have a blocked first chakra it will be much more difficult to get the energy flowing up your body properly. So, unless you open it, tough luck.
For me the best way consists in lying on my bed flat on my back and move around a bit with my hips and buttocks till I find a spot in the mattrass that puts pressure on my talibone (coccy:evil:. Then I lie still my arms along the body, palms down, in contact with the bed. When the chakra is activated, you\'ll feel the energy rise snakelike in all your body, passing through the chakras. Or it can feel like sea waves washing up your body, and it may have different intensity. No two chakra experiences are identical.
It can follow the main Nadis system, rising through the Ida and the Pingala or shooting straight up through the Shushumna. Both possibilities feel equally wonderful!
A functioning first chakra will result in this awareness: \"I am\"

My first chakra opened on February 1st 2005 . I was in my office at half past one in the morning (I know, way too late to be still working...) I fell off the wicket stool on which I was sitting. A plain, normal stool.... I don\'t know how it happened, the thing is that I found myself right on the floor. Probably the cushions I had slid off and I fell backwards, I hit part of my back against the floor and it was sheer luck I didn\'t hit my head against the wall behind me. I stood up, a bit hurting, but all was normal. I closed my office and went home - a question of just a few meters. After a while that I was home I began to feel immensely happy, like walking on cotton clouds. I slept very well and was feeling wonderful the following morning. What I believe to have happened is this: the fall hit me right on the first chakra spot and opened it. A really rough \"grounding\" it was, and it couldn\'t have been more literal than that!

Guia K Monti

The second chakra is located in the lower abdomen and is essentially femminine in nature. Its color is ORANGE. It is the seat of creativity and emotive expression, it ralates to conception, and is linked to the female reproductive organs, the bowels and abdominal organs.
When activated you feel like having a heat belt on, all around your waist and hips.
A functioning second chakra will result in this awareness: \"I am feeling\"

Guia K Monti

The third chakra is the Solar plexus chakra. It covers the abdomen from the top of the navel to the diaphragm, and the stomach. It is essentially masculine and its color is YELLOW. It affects our self esteem, self-confidence and our behaviour in society (school, work, the world). It is the decision making center for men. It \'s a mental/intellectual energy and is related to male identity and power issues.
A functioning third chakra will result in this awareness: \"I am feeling and thinking\".

Guia K Monti

The fourth chakra is the Heart chakra and is essentially femminine. Its color is GREEN. Its secondary colors are PINK and GOLD
It is to be found in the chest, between and slightly above the breasts, not exactly over the heart. It corresponds to the astral plane (more about that later...). It is the seat of love and healing, and guides us through dreams, out-of-body experiences (astral projections), receiving and sending energy. It is used for channeling guides, rays, and divine source energy.
Its problems affect the heart, circulation and respiratory problems as well.
A functioning fourth chakra will result in this awareness: \"I am feeling and thinking lovingly\".

Guia K Monti

The fifth chakra is the Throat chakra. It is essentially masculine, and its colour is BLUE. It is the seat of truth and wisdom and governs expression and communication, speaking, singing...
Apart from the throat it also covers the ears as organs of communication, so also covers clariaudience.

Problems with this chakra affect the jaw, the mouth, the throat, the thyroid, the larynx.

A functioning fifth chakra will enable us to say: \"I am feeling, thinking and livingly expressing\"

Guia K Monti

The sixth chakra is also known as Third Eye or Brow chakra. It is essentially femminine in nature and its color is INDIGO. It\'s the source of insight and vision, it rules on clairvoyance and visualization.
Physically it is regulated by the pituary gland and is found in the center of the forehead a few centimeters above the eyebrow line.
Personally I find it very easy to activate it. It happens often when I concentrate on a book, or meditate, or I am just about to fall asleep at night. I feel this spot in my forehead become really warm and often this is the chakra that opens first in my case.
You can concentrate on the spot, feel the air caressing your forehead, and become aware of its existence, and you will feel how the spot gradually becomes warmer and warmer. I\'ll write a lot more about this in other posts.
I had the honour of witnessing a third eye opening recently and it was something really amazing!
A functioning sixth chakra will enable us to say: \"I am feeling, thinking and lovingly expressing my vision\".

Guia K Monti

The seventh chakra is also known as Crown chakra. It is inherently masculine, and its traditional color is VIOLET. A secondary color is WHITE.
It is connected to the pineal gland, cerebral cortex and higher chakras. It is the center for higher knowledge, and through it we come into contact with the feeling of unity with the Divine Source. It makes us feel we are all one with all creation. It is also the place from which rises the \"thousand petal lotus\" which opens when this chakra is properly functioning.
Physical problems connected to it are immune system problems, cancer, bone disprders among others.
A functioning seventh chakra will enable us to say: \"I am feeling, thinking and lovingly expressing my vision of divine purpose\".

Guia K Monti

A very interesting interactive chakras presentation thumbsup

https://www.myss.com/library/chakras/