Easiest way of meditating is - by NOT concentrating

Started by Virinchi, February 22, 2010, 09:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virinchi

many people close eyes, chant some mantras, pray to gods, keep a photo/idol in front of them or a source of light, or even try to concentrate on some object/form/person/diety during meditation.

People have been doing these since ages and we\'ve observed that it took them ages to achieve what they want.
(because god they believe is slow in action)

the best i\'ve found is not to meditate.
do not concentrate, do no try to think, do not close eyes, do not focus on any single image/idol/object/form/person.

instead just let your mind wander and follow it.
observe what is does, what it thinks, whom it follows, where it goes and just remain a spectator.
do not try n restrict it.
within short period of time, you will gain lot of control over mind, which usually takes years to achieve in closed eyes traditional meditation.

if someone wants to try, they can.. and post some feedback here
Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

Samantha

ohh . is this something like contemplation without actual meditation ?
i\'ve been practicing this since some time and i find lot of peace and have life under total control
not many agree with this though

they believe lord/god is someone else up \'there\' but not within you.
they will only speak words from books and others experiences but will never see for themselves

Virinchi

exactly ;) as long as you worship god in some form or use mantras, you may gain materialistically but will never achieve god.
you need to believe that god has no shape (believe..not just say) and its not somewhere else but within you
Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

pravin kumar

Text

Vrinchi,

That is what Osho has also written but it amounts to the same. When you observe your thoughts you are not going to think something sensual or about hatred/money etc. etc. because that is not observation. It is like this a child cannot do anything wrong in the presence of his parents so observation is similar. You purify your thoughts by doing that too. There are many ways of meditation.

Another way Osho suggests is doing vigorous exercises. This way you dissolve all the blockages in your body and once they are dissolved the path is clear to reach HIM and contemplate on HIM and ultimately HE lies within and nowhere else. We look higher up to God only because looking up or going up is considered good. Even in Palmistry lines going up are considered positive and those going downwards negative excepting the main lines. Influence lines going up from Life Line, Head Line or Heart Line are considered good indication.

One can meditate even by working hard daily and getting a good sleep. Working hard also does the same i.e. dissolve the blockages inside which block you from meditating.

Pravin Kumar

Sushma

great ! i liked the idea of mind being left like a child to wander and we acting like parent and just observing it
this looks the best way to train and control it

Ravi Varma

this is how yogis achieve permanent peace
its called vimarsa.. just observe and get detached

shadow

At first glance when I read it.. I remembered famous saying idle mind devils workshop.

Anyhow if we wander around the thoughts I think we can never attain an end.

I will try to give it a shot.

JayTee

dont misunderstand it with idle mind - devils workshop

let your mind wander like a child but you keep a watch on it like a parent.
a child with no parenting around can become a devil, but when kid knows someone is watching, he\'ll learn how to behave

it\'ll take time but its best way

shadow

only thing I got out of trying this.. crazy thoughts !

I think I need better control and patience. LOL

SaSirEkha

this method is for people who have already attained samadhi atleast once

for others they better follow a guru