Beetroot Juice improves memory power

Started by pallavi, November 29, 2010, 11:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pallavi

“Beetroot juice boosts stamina by making muscles more fuel-efficient,”

The study was carried out by researchers from the School of Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter, and the Peninsula Medical School.  The study was published in draft in the Journal of Applied Physiology.

The purpose of this study was to investigate further how a short-term diet of nitrate might result in muscles using less oxygen during exercise. The researchers had looked at this effect in previous studies and noted that people fed these diets seemed to have an improved tolerance of high-intensity exercise.

The subjects were tested at the same time of day with two different tests:

*  The researchers were interested in measuring phosphocreatine, also known as creatine phosphate (Pcr), as this provides a rapidly mobilised reserve of high-energy phosphates released during exercise.
    * A test of oxygen uptake in the lungs (vO2) as a response to exercise. For this test, the participants cycled on an exercise bike while attached to a device that measured their CO2 output and oxygen intake.

Only problem with this was that its hard to make this truely blind because as most of you will know eatting too much beetroot, turns urine red and stools red. And seeing as the control drink was blackcurrant juice, I think you would know which you where drinking! I think until further research is carried out in larger groups, it does not provide a reason to start drinking beetroot juice to increase stamina.

Beetroot supplies more blood at faster rate to all parts of brain.
Nitrates in this beetroot will expand our nerver and keep our brain active and increase memory power.

Other food that helps are lettuce and cabbage

Aindrita Ray

that was great info pallavi.. thanks for sharing.
i used to have beetroot juice+honey on empty stomach early in  morning which helped me gain new blood and glow on face

deepa

added with honey and pinch of lime juice, it produces new blood and radiates skin

LEO

good stuff. people who have carrot juice at evening and beetroot juice at morning daily will have radiant clear skin