How can we classify good / bad karma in such situations

Started by msrhprasad, March 09, 2011, 09:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msrhprasad

Good Day.

In some occassions how we can classify whether that is good / bad karma...?

i.e a Soldiers in war kills apposite soldiers(of course they do not have any personnel issue, fighting for mother country)..officially no one can\'t say it\'s murder, but in human words its just killing...

2nd In India - Hindus treat cow is Holy animal / God..even we don\'t like to beat them, but in the same country other religion people eat them...

In Christianity Abortion is a bonded, but in Hinduisam I think there is no objections...

in the above three incidents how can we classify who is doing good / bad karmas...?

Sincerely,
prasad:)

Srikanth

karma is constant term.
good or bad karmas are only relative terms

because vedas say for every karma, there is result

that result being good or bad is \'relative\' to your situation

If you rob someone, you will lose at some other point of time.
you may feel its \'bad\' karma, because you lost something.

but somebody who gained from you feels its his \'good\' karma.

you may also feel \'good\' if that loss actually helped you in other way

so, its all in your mind

Shree

Killing of any animal even for food is bad karma. I think in some places ones natural karma like a lion killing a deer for food etc are taken as natural karma. But killing is food where you have alternatives like vegetarian food is available will be bad karma. In hinduism people used to pray and request the plants before plucking fruits and leaves from them.

Abortion is not advocated in any religion and in fact the concept of abortion was not there in old times, where there was nothing a concept like unwanted pregnancy.

Killing in war is called a duty in some places - as in Bhagwat Gita Krishna advices Arjuna to perform his karma as all those soldiers he sees are already killed by Kala (the time). But in other places unnecessary raging of wars is taken as bad karma.

msrhprasad

Good Day.
ShrikanthJi and Shree Ji.

Excellent information.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
prasad

msrhprasad

Coming again,

Devotees - as per my observation ( i might be missed others)...

1st one - No Donations - only Dyana / Tapa - like rishis.(who live in forest / himalayas).

2nd one - No donations,charities - spend money on poojas, homas, present gold ornaments to God, constructing temples, etc.,

3rd one - Simple - whenever the time, they pray god in their heart...help others as per their ability. keep faith on god.

4th one - They may not believe on God, help needy people who required ...

can see 4 types of persons in the society,but 2nd type of people are getting more famous why?

msrhprasad

which method is good for us, i feel 3rd one is most suitable for us.
looking for learned members views too......

Aquamarin

I would say the situations described int he first post are more collective, and therefor result that you maybe born in a certain time, culture etc. in a more general frame. what me strikes is the origin. were we once all equal and divided by the time in that what we are now? are we all the same age?  

SaSirEkha

srikanth has given the best possible explanation
agree with him :thumbup:

gauranggroups

Prasath,

Before knowing about Karma, one has to decide whether he likes this material world and the life he\'s living or not. Mostly everyone likes to get liberated (Mukthi) as all Shastras are advising that. They are Type 1. Few people are there who are very practical in approach and who enjoys the material pleasure. They don\'t like to get liberated (mukthi) from this world. They will say both heaven and hell are in this earth itself and hence they like to live here. So based on that only, we should accumulate Karma.

What is \'Karma\'? \'Karma\' literally means \'Action\'. But philosophically what we mean is the causes and effects of our actions. It\'s like a Bank A/C. If you do good Karma, it\'s like crediting money in your A/C. If you do bad Karma, it\'s like debiting money from your A/C.

As per Shastras, there are two types of Mukthi. One is real and permanent and the other one is not real and temporary. The second one is going to Heaven (Swarga Loka) where many Devas are there and that abode is ruled by Lord Indra. If we accumulate too much good Karma, we\'ll go there and enjoy there for sometime and will again take birth here in a good family and good position. Since we are taking re-birth after sometime, it is not a real mukthi and a temporary one.

The first one is getting liberated and going to the eternal world like Vaikunta / Goloka Vrindavana etc for Visista Advaitis and Dwaitis and getting mingled with Bramham for Advaitis. For this, you shouldn\'t have any Karma itself. The Bank Balance should be \'0\'. If you have either positive or negative Karma, you should take birth here. How can you be free from Karma in a material word? For that Lord Krishna has said in Bhagavad Gita, \"Without being attached to the fruits of activities, one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without attachment one attains the Supreme. Therefore surrendering all your works unto Me, with full knowledge of Me, without desires for profit, with no claims to proprietorship, and free from lethargy, fight.\"

If you wanna know more about Karma, read Bhagavad Gita, especially the 3rd Chapter, \"Karma Yoga\". You\'ll get to know everything about Karma.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.

gauranggroups

We can\'t classify what is Good Karma and what is Bad Karma. We can\'t also know how much Karma we have. It\'s left with God only. Generally speaking, if you are doing whatever is your duty and whatever is prescribed for you, it\'s good Karma. And whatever is not your duty and whatever is done for self satisfaction is Bad Karma.

Like Shree and Srikanth have said, Killing in War is the duty of a soldier. Since the fruit of Killing is for the country and not for oneself, it\'s not a Bad Karma. But if you kill someone for your personal vengeance, it\'s Bad Karma.

To be free from Karma, do only your duty and whatever Shastra has prescribed. That too don\'t do it for your sake and don\'t try to take the fruit of those actions by thinking like you\'ve done it. Offer all the actions to God and surrender yourself fully, you\'ll be free from Karma. This is what Lord Krishna has said in Bhagavad Gita.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.