Some Very Powerful Philosophical Quotes

Started by orangeprince, May 20, 2011, 11:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeprince

"Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters."

Albert Einstein
Can I, as a human being, lead a different kind of life?

orangeprince

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

~André Gide (1869 –1951), French author and winner of the Nobel Prize in literature in 1947

orangeprince

Criticism is something you can easily avoid by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.

~Aristotle (384-322 BCE), Greek philosopher, a student of Plato and teacher of Alexander the Great; writings cover physics, metaphysics, poetry, theater, music, logic, rhetoric, linguistics, politics, government, ethics, biology, and zoology.

gauranggroups

Anil,

Nobody is responding this thread. Why are you continuing this?
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.

aastha93

This thread is not supposed to be responded to.
Just read and derive a \"self-version\" meaning out of words of the wise men. :)

orangeprince

This thread is not for people commending me and this is not for personal gratification this thread would continue as long as i find meaningful quotes and once again am not looking for any responses:)

orangeprince

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

~Japanese Proverb

orangeprince

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

~Buddha (5th century BCE) spiritual teacher from ancient India who founded Buddhism

orangeprince

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there. You must go beyond them.

~Bruce Lee (1940–1973), Chinese American, Hong Kong actor, martial arts instructor , philosopher, film director, film producer, screenwriter, and founder of the Jeet Kune Do martial arts movement

orangeprince

Live without pretending,
love without depending,
listen without defending,
speak without offending.

- Unknown