Self-reliance is a vital key to living a healthy, productive life. To be self-reliant one must master a basic set of skills, more or less making them a jack of all trades. Contrary to what you may have learned in school, a jack of all trades is far more equipped to deal with life than a specialized master of only one.
While not totally comprehensive, here is a list of 50 things everyone should know how to do.
1. Build a Fire
– Fire produces heat and light, two basic necessities for living. At some point in your life this knowledge may be vital.
2. Operate a Computer
– Fundamental computer knowledge is essential these days. Please, help those in need.
3. Use Google Effectively
– Google knows everything. If you’re having trouble finding something with Google, it’s you that needs help.
4. Perform CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver
– Someday it may be your wife, husband, son or daughter that needs help.
5. Drive a Manual Transmission Vehicle
– There will come a time when you’ll be stuck without this knowledge. (most asians/indians know it)
6. Do Basic Cooking
– If you can’t cook your own steak and eggs, you probably aren’t going to make it.
7. Tell a Story that Captivates People’s Attention
– If you can’t captivate their attention, you should probably just save your breath.
8. Win or Avoid a Fistfight
– Either way, you win.
9. Deliver Bad News
– Somebody has got to do it. Unfortunately, someday that person will be you.
10. Change a Tire
- Because tires have air in them, and things with air in them eventually pop.Linkback: https://www.astrogle.com/forums/leisure-lounge-general-topics/21/50-essential-things-life-everyone-should-know-how-do/2026/