Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - vlbedoc

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Personal Horoscope Reading Forum / Studying Hard But No Luck
« on: June 20, 2013, 05:32:54 PM »
Am I understanding this correctly: This is my fault now? Sorry if I offended anyone but I was only trying to help..

msrhprasad: that comment was uncalled for.. if you dont like my thread, dont read it..

Personal Horoscope Reading Forum / Studying Hard But No Luck
« on: June 17, 2013, 06:38:59 PM »
I am no astrologer, more of a philosopher so I will throw in my two cents.. I agree with Varenya.. It seems like you are asking astrologers whether you will get a govt job.. if they say yes, only then you will try, otherwise you would prefer not to.. well, I say, if you prefer not to, you better not because any job you get half heartedly will not be satisfying.. ask your own heart, not astrologers or parents as to what you should do.. if you think you will disappoint your parents if you dont study for a govt job, its a twisted thinking.. deep down, your parents want you to be happy, have a stable career which gives good money to have a comfortable life, and its their aspiration that you be able to afford the things they couldnt.. this can be achieved in a million different ways.. open your horizons, widen your vision.. have your own perspective towards what will make you happy rather than theirs..
also, if you think private sector in IT is having a hard time, i guess you are listening from wrong people.. my husband is in IT and is making a ton of money even in a job.. his friend moved from US back to bangalore just because the jobs and the money is so good.. my best friend and her husband, both in IT, got jobs right out of college with huge packages.. its is much more fun and dynamic than a lazy outdated govt job.. but again, thats my perspective.. what Shree said is her perspective.. what your parents say is their perspective..
What do YOU think you could do?

Personal Horoscope Reading Forum / Relation-Ships
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:43:23 PM »
Sorry for such a long post.. and I sincerely apologize if I overstepped a border, I just felt compelled to say..

« on: June 11, 2013, 06:39:51 PM »
3) You cannot make anyone like/love you any more than they do. Too bad if your in-laws cant see the fact that you make your husband (their son, their child!) so happy.. You gave him wonderful children and together made a happy well knit, well bred family. If they cant appreciate this fact, they are at a loss. Its so nice to see that you get emotional about even that phone call.. may be they will turn around and realize one day.. be kind when they call, invite them over for a visit if they want to come.. if they dont, well, they miss out!
4) It seems to me that every person in the relationships that you are worried about, looks at your life and feels that you have it all. And you do! Dont try too hard to please people. Dont try too hard to hold on to people. I know its easier said than done. After all, its your own father and your own sister. But, I think they love you enough to feel they can yell at you whenever they want and ask money from you whenever they need, and they will come around once your stop showing that they have the power to hurt you.
5) Finally, Love Yourself! Love the fact that God has given you so much and yet you are humble.. Love the fact that you have a big heart that fits all the people in your life.. Love yourself for the fact that you had the guts to find and marry the man you loved.. Look at your children and love yourself for the fact that you added such wonderful human beings to this world..

« on: June 11, 2013, 06:39:35 PM »
Tara.. I read this whole thread from the beginning today and I feel there is this pattern that you follow..
1) You love your family and long for them to love you back
2) You feel they dont treat you well
3) you are a person emotional enough to even long for your in-laws to accept you and like you, or better, love you
4) You try too hard to make all of these relationships work

Maybe the below input helps:
1) Try to differentiate b/w 'want' and 'need'. Love from your husband and kids is all the love in the world that you need. If you learn to start being content with this, you will have abundant love to give back out to the world. You will do your husband and children a big favor by convincing yourself that you dont need any more love than you are getting from them.
2) Have you ever thought about the fact that they are mad at you because they expect too much out of you? It looks like from a long long time, they feel that you helping them financially or otherwise is your duty and their right to expect it out of you. You have to learn to make it clear that when you help them/be there for them, you are doing it out of love and not because it is your duty. And if you cant do it once in a while, well, too bad. You can feel sad about the trouble your loved one is going through but its not your fault! You cant let them make you feel this way.. Do yourself a favor by not keeping relationships over self-respect.

Personal Horoscope Reading Forum / looking for some insight
« on: June 08, 2013, 06:47:24 PM »
oh really? I never imagined that something like that would happen to us :-(  we'll see... one can only hope that things go well..

thank you seetaramji.. about job, well, i'll keep trying.. :) Like God says in the Geeta: any karm is better than akarm..

« on: May 29, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Hello All.. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Yes, Seetaramji.. VERY busy!! My classes started earlier this month and its a very hectic schedule.. no job yet, but I am trying..

I have good news and bad news:
1. We got a house in April! Most of the major features are according to vaastu so we are happy about it.. its getting constructed and we hope to move in by Sept
2. I suffered a miscarriage in March.. :-(  It was sad.. but I am also glad that there was never a heartbeat so no life was lost, just never formed.. Although I am okay now, scared to try again!

« on: February 18, 2013, 04:29:53 AM »
Tara.. thanks for the wishes!

Virinchi.. well, I hope I get busy in a job rather than something else.. thanks for a prompt response..!

« on: February 12, 2013, 08:28:53 PM »
Hello people.. one update, one question..

I finally got into the Master\'s program I was looking for, few formalities are left which hopefully will go about smoothly and I should be able to start by May-june this year!!

I am also looking for a job.. but am very anxious about it.. I have been applying since a few months now, even got an offer out of nowhere (see the 18-9-2012 post) but they never replied after initial contact..
do you think I can get a job soon?

« on: November 28, 2012, 08:11:21 PM »
hello friends.. it has been a while since I posted here.. hope you all had a happy diwali and wish you guys happy new year..

I dont have any updates yet.. just wanted to say Hi!

Hope u all are doing well.. good luck!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11