News:

New Board installed at https://www.astrogle.com/talks/
Old forums archived from 16 October 2021

Main Menu New Forums Installed, Old Forums Archived ...

Evil Eye

Started by DCP, February 19, 2009, 01:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seetaram

they should have some civic sense not to throw such things on roads
they should have thrown it away from crowds in secluded places

if you want to get rid of your bad, then its okay but not by throwing it on someone else
All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire

HPG777

hi guys,
i am mexican and my mother believes you can get evil eye from jealousy too but also if  someone finds you or your child very attractive it can give the evil eye so here where i live (texas)  if you go to the store and an old lady or whatever sees your baby and says \"oh look how cute your baby is!\" then they have to touch the baby to get rid of the effect so most will do it automatically but if they dont then my mom says you need to take an egg and pray over the baby, then get a clear glass of water and break the egg into it and try to see a shape..sometimes it will look like an eye or maybe a dog or whatever and each shape means something.
by the way my culture calles it \"ojo\" which means eye in spanish   ;)

HPG777

[rquote=3405&topic=30&author=Sharmila]yea i too knew that ppl esply kids who cross over such stuff like lemons/rice/ etc fell sick immediateli..  

now this proves that tricks against evil forces r working... ;)[/rquote]

yes sometimes if we see lemons or eggs on the road or curb my mom says not to ever get near them and do not touch them at all. she won\'t even let me walk barefoot in our front yard in case someone has poured powder or liquid you cant see there for bad luck because then it will get on our feet and we will catch the bad luck

chensree

rocks also will break for human eye. Thats the power of evil eye

Sushma

is there any strong and working way to prevent evil eye effect?

hitarth18

As there are several different traditions followed in different parts of india... it is hard to tell one specific thing to ward off evil eye..

one more i can think of is wearing a Black color thread or bracelet (have seen people wearing)

Also, some kids are prevented from it by kohl (black color). they are marked with it on their forehead..  :)

Cant think of any more tricks at the moment :D
!! Wish Change Nothing, Decision Change Everything !!

pallavi

chanting lalita sahasra namam once /day will ward off all evil aspects on you

gauranggroups

The simple way to remove negative energies from your body is sitting and meditating for 15 mins before going to bed. Also you can ask some one in your house to remove dhrishti using Salt or Red Chillies or Aarthi with Camphor. If nobody is there to assist you. Apply lemon on your head before taking bath. Or wet yourself with Salt Water before taking bath.

All these things can remove any negative energies.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.

deepa

sometimes just those simple methods are not enough and we need more like what pallavi said.
what gaurang said is only suited for simple \'evil eye\' caused by jealousness when you are seen by many at some party or celebration.

But if someone develops long term jealousness and wants to see your downfall then you need to do what pallavi suggested

gauranggroups

You are right, Deepa. I suggested them for normal Dhrishti (Evil Eye). Also this will serve as a general maintenance for every family.

But if the problem is little severe, doing some special pooja and reciting Lalitha Sahasranamam / Hanuman Chalisa, etc will work.

If the problem is even more severe, even these things won\'t workout. For that doing a Ganapathi Homam / Sudharsana Homam in the house will solve the problems. I\'ve suggested the same in some other thread too.
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.