Author Topic: Some Very Powerful Philosophical Quotes  (Read 35568 times)

gauranggroups

Some Very Powerful Philosophical Quotes
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 01:15:20 AM »
“Comfort” is no test of truth; on the contrary, truth is often far from being “comfortable.”
-Swami Vivekananda
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.

Astrology Forums

« Reply #41 on: Today at 10:21:51 AM »

gauranggroups

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 01:16:18 AM »
“I do not want to get material life. I do not want sense-life but something higher.” That is renunciation. Then, by the power of meditation, undo the mischief that has been done.
-Swami Vivekananda

gauranggroups

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 01:18:35 AM »
Neither in this world nor elsewhere is there any happiness in store for him who always doubts.
-Krishna Paramatma

gauranggroups

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 01:20:17 AM »
But they for whom I am the supreme goal, who do all work renouncing self for me and meditate on me with single-hearted devotion, these I will swiftly rescue from death's vast sea, for their consciousness has entered into me.
-Lord Krishna in Bhagavad Gita

gauranggroups

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 01:21:30 AM »
“The earth is enjoyed by heroes”—this is the unfailing truth. Be a hero. Always say, “I have no fear.”
-Swami Vivekananda

orangeprince

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »
The greatest achievement is selflessness.
The greatest worth is self-mastery.
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
The greatest precept is continual awareness.
The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
The greatest patience is humility.
The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.

Atisha (11th century Tibetan Buddhist master)
Can I, as a human being, lead a different kind of life?

Astrology Forums

« Reply #46 on: Today at 10:21:51 AM »

orangeprince

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2011, 02:19:24 PM »
THE GIFT OF CIVILIZATION

Before our white brothers arrived to make us civilized men, we didn\'t have any kind of prison. Because of this, we had no delinquents. We had no locks nor keys and therefore among us there were no thieves. When someone was so poor that he couldn\'t afford a horse, a tent or a blanket, he would, in that case, receive it all as a gift. We were too uncivilized to give great importance to private property!. We didn\'t know any kind of money and consequently, the value of a human being was not determined by his wealth. We had no written laws laid down, no lawyers, no politicians, therefore we were not able to cheat and swindle one another. We were really in bad shape before the white men arrived and I don\'t know how to explain how we were able to manage without these fundamental things that(so they tell us) are so necessary for a civilized society.

John(Fire) Lame Deer
Sioux Lakota - 1903-197

orangeprince

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 02:23:31 AM »
Some of the best Dalai Lama Quotes:

O1 : \"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.\"

02 : \"The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.\" -

03 : \"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can\'t help them, at least don\'t hurt them.\"

04 : \"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.\"

05: \"Today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of Universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human, but also human to other forms of life\" -

06: \"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness\" -

07: \"When you think everything is someone else´s fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy. Pride leads to violence and evil. The truly good gaze upon everything with love and understanding\" -

08:\"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves\"

09:\"Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace\"

10:\"Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent\"

gauranggroups

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 06:24:17 PM »
Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice. Better than knowledge is meditation. But better still is surrender of attachment to results, because there follows immediate peace.

- Quote from Srimad Bhagavad Gita

gauranggroups

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »
Neither in this world nor elsewhere is there any happiness in store for him who always doubts.

- Quote from Srimad Bhagavad Gita

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via telegram Share via twitter