Astrology Forums

ASTROLOGY AND DIVINATION => Astrology Discussions => Topic started by: DCP on August 26, 2009, 07:11:52 PM

Title: Venus-Saturn or Saturn-Venus subperiods have most negative karma packed in them
Post by: DCP on August 26, 2009, 07:11:52 PM
These periods last for 38 months and are biggest torture, psychologically and physically for a human being.

In my experience with Astrology during the past few years, I have found nothing as strange as the period of Sani-Sukra or Sukra-Sani. Of course, I am not starting any controversy or point of debate. This had started with astrologer Kalidasa who put forth his views on this enigmatic period in his great classical book of Astrology “Uttara Kalamrita.” (review of this book is written in main site under book reviews section) And has been debated for countless number of years by 100s of Astrologers. .

This great Astrologer has informed us through his writings that “a person going through the Sukra sub-period in Sani major period (dasha) or the Sani sub-period in Sukra dasha (has so much negative karma packed in it that it) can make a pauper out of a flourishing king”. During the last 2 decades after 100s of research articles most of us are yet to fully understand the finer points of this bewildering period.

Is this “riches to rags” always true? Or is it true only in certain cases depending on specific positions of planets? These are the questions that arise in the minds of both the discerning client and the scientific Astrologers.

In most cases this is 100% true. King-like people have become pauper-like (almost). The way this happened might vary from person to person based on other conditions already existing in the horoscope but the net result is the same – name, fame, money, dignity and health all came crashing down. Sometimes it may be a strange health problem difficult to diagnose, leading to frequent time off from career leading to loss of job or loss of livelihood. Sometimes it may be a nasty love affair, which ends in a scandal throwing the person out of job and from fame to notoriety. Many times it was directly great loss in finance – banks coming after them until the person became bankrupt. Sometimes a great partnership comes off, leaving the person all alone groping in the dark with huge loss.

This is strange but true. Sukra and Sani are both friendly to each other.

Then why do the conjoined periods behave like this? This is the enigma that rattles the minds of beginners and professional Astrologers alike.

To some extent it is easy to predict such bad periods using conventional ideas as stated in simple terms by the great Maharshi Parasara, who lived around Mahabharata times around 5000 years ago. Using the idea from this “father of Astrology” most of us find it easy to predict such downfalls. If you want to know the rule then well here it is. If Sukra and Sani are functional malefic planets meaning these are unfriendly planets for the person based on Lagna (Ascendant) then mostly this period is fraught with danger. If these planets are badly placed with respect to lagna and/or afflicted by krura (cruel) grahas (planets) or if they are in bad angles from each other then the negative results are sure to follow. This is easy to predict even by beginners in Astrology.

Many of you may have already been through such a period and you know the truth by now. But what about those who are heading towards that point? Should you not equip yourself with the information on what to expect and prevent such things from happening.

Remember with the help of free-will you can change a lot of fate – at least, wherever possible. So it is worth the effort. For example, if loss of money is inevitable we would suggest you to lose money through charity. If surgery were inevitable then we would request you to go on a regular blood donation remedy. If you were going to lose your job we would request you to find jobs for many people instead of a godhana (instead of the outdated donation of cow). We let the planets fulfill the condition but in a nicer way. Is this not a good idea?  
Title: Which are those 2 Lagnas ?
Post by: deepa on August 27, 2009, 10:59:54 AM
i think i had it when i was a kid
but dont remember much

can u pls elaborate on remedies
Post by: Virinchi on August 27, 2009, 03:09:00 PM
I know how hard can this subperiod of 38 months be
i myself have experienced 35 months almost from it
hard to find a complete remedy for this

exception for this subperiod is for people born under Sagittarius and Pisces Ascendants
Post by: Shalu on August 27, 2009, 05:53:20 PM
ohhhh :mad: i didnt know about this period
pls post remedies and tell us why is it so bad when both are freindly to each other
Post by: JayTee on August 28, 2009, 07:48:19 AM
the idea is good
if you were predicted to have an accident then donate blood early to get saved
if you were supposed to get robbed then donate early
if you were to suffer psychologically or have fear complexes then watch horror movies ;)
ultimately you will have to take some of planetary effects
Post by: SaSirEkha on August 31, 2009, 05:37:16 PM
Yes. this is the worst of all dashas except for 2 lagnas which virinchi stated.
if person is born in taurus, gemini, virgo, libra, capricorn, aquarius ascendants then he\'s somewhat saved
Post by: deepa on September 16, 2009, 03:12:36 PM
if this period will cause fear then face it.
watch horror movies daily and get artificial harmless fear which you know will end after movie ends
Post by: NaveenK on September 16, 2009, 08:09:00 PM
As per virinchi i am going through this phase :mad:
I lost onsite opputunity last week may be because of this :(
Today i lost reasonable amount of money :mad:
Post by: Guia K Monti on September 16, 2009, 09:54:28 PM
If its such a slow and bad period, then best thing to do is to learn something useful for upcoming period.
because knowledge doesnt go waste and will be utilised in future.
Post by: Virinchi on September 17, 2009, 10:24:38 AM
yep. its better not to start any new ventures, shift jobs, get into any legal issue like marriage, police case etc
postpon everything and spend this time studying and working
Post by: JayTee on September 17, 2009, 09:32:03 PM
usual remedies suggested in traditional books are :

1. during venus-saturn period donate buffallo
instead stop having buffallo milk and all milk related products

1. during saturn-venus period donate cow
instead stop having cow milk and all milk related products

best remedy for saturn related bad periods is quitting alchohol and meat and try to live a simple life
Post by: DCP on September 23, 2009, 02:53:25 PM
its an acid test to a person to get through these 38 months
physicall weakness, mental fatigue will definitely take over
Post by: Ravi Varma on September 27, 2009, 12:09:25 AM
but still hope prevails as upcoming venus-mercury period will be good for 34 months
Post by: kannan on September 30, 2009, 10:03:13 AM
During Saturn Dasa and Venus Bhukthi my educational career was bad but later when Venus-Saturn period my retired life was comfortable . I don\'t know why ? I belong to Rishaba lagnam with Venus in 10 and Saturn in 9 and exalted Jupiter  aspecting Saturn from 3.

Any views on this from experts

Kannan
Post by: Ranjana on September 30, 2009, 10:12:33 AM
i think its because venus is yoga kaarak so in venus dasa all bhuktis are controlled by mahadasha ruler

in saturn dasha ,since saturn is badhak fr you as 9th lord is badhak for chara lagnas, venus bhukti didnt help much

i would wait for more experienced astrologers to comment
Post by: SaSirEkha on September 30, 2009, 11:28:40 AM
Hi mr.kannan
it depends on what constellations and sublords control venus and saturn
and ofcourse the point raised by Ranjana is valid
Post by: kannan on October 01, 2009, 11:03:37 AM
Thank you for your views

Venus placed in 10  is in the constellation of Rahu who is in 10 and sub of Saturn in 8
Saturn is in the star of Sun and sub of Saturn in 8
In fact all the 3 planets Saturn, Sun and Mars are in Capricorn sign but  in 8 (as per KP house division)

Regards

kannan
Post by: JayTee on October 01, 2009, 02:55:42 PM
saturn and its relation to 8th House is major problem here
Post by: kannan on October 02, 2009, 10:53:06 AM
Saturn has given mixed results here. During the earlly period it halted and nearly spoiled my educational progress but during the later sub-period of Rahu and Jupiter , Saturn dasa was extremely favouarable giving  foreign education , marriage and children, inspite of its being placed in 8. I don\'t know why ?

Kannan  
Post by: DCP on October 02, 2009, 11:02:24 AM
being 9th lord it gives highes education as its friendly to lagna lord and owns 9th and 10th houses which makes it beneficiary
but being 9th lord for taurus, its badhaka, so will create some troubles

but saturn is not bad in 8th, planets on the constellations owned by saturn will give 8th house effects in their periods

ownership -> placements -> constellations -> sublords
look at results in this order
some times it\'ll be
placemnets -> ownership -> constellations -> sublords
that depends on exact planetary positions

whatever maybe the reason, you\'ve been through both periods so must have gained lots of experience

if you like to discus more, please post detailed chart with sigs, stars and subs
Post by: kannan on October 02, 2009, 02:39:56 PM
Thank you DCP. I will try to post details later

Regards

Kannan
Post by: san_jay_ss on June 15, 2010, 09:16:15 AM
Dear Fellow Members,

I am passing thru Sat / Ven from last month

Lagan - Singh (Leo)
Rashi - Makar (Capr)

Do you think this would be a tough time for me ... I have had enough problems in terms of Debt and Health (Rheumatoid Arthritis) during my Ashtam Sani bhukti.

On a different note, I am almost debt free after selling of one of my property after this change of period ( transaction is still on) and medicine of RA is working extremely well.

Regards,
Sanjay
Post by: san_jay_ss on June 15, 2010, 09:29:51 AM

Dear Fellow Members,

I am passing thru Sat / Ven from last month

Lagan - Singh (Leo)
Rashi - Makar (Capr) - 6th House
Ven - Mithun ( with Rahu) 11th House
Sat - Kumbh - 7th house

Do you think this would be a tough time for me ... I have had enough problems in terms of Debt and Health (Rheumatoid Arthritis) during my Ashtam Sani bhukti.

On a different note, I am almost debt free after selling of one of my property after this change of period ( transaction is still on) and medicine of RA is working extremely well.

Regards,
Sanjay

Post by: DCP on June 15, 2010, 10:40:25 AM
if unmarried you will find oppurtunities to marry but its better to avoid till you enter venus-mercury dasa
Also avoid any extra marital affairs
health will be moderate to low.
you will lose some weight and there will be some nervous and breathing problems

antardasa results depend on exact degree placement of venus and saturn
Post by: somesh144 on June 15, 2010, 12:59:47 PM
Remedies for Saturn Mahadasha & Venus Bhukti and Venus Mahadasha & Saturn Bhukti.

1.Perform Mrityunjaya Japa/Homa ( A very powerful remedy, I got good job after performing Mrityunjaya Japa  during Saturn Mahadasha & Venus Bhukti Period)
2.Recite  or Listen to Durga Saptashati
3.Pray to Goddess Durga Devi.
Post by: Suniljitto on June 15, 2010, 09:11:41 PM
Unfortunatly, I have Saturn\'s main Period and Venus Sub period and Ashtam shani till november 2011 and all the facts stated in the above article holds relevance  for me atleast
Post by: kshantaram on June 16, 2010, 09:38:57 AM
libra lagna, saturn-mars-rahu 2nd house, venus-mercury 4th house

saturn-ketu was a painful period with job break, harassment by one of the superiors,  major car accident without any injury with God\'s grace!

saturn-venus period improved working environment in the office restoring position, but was illusive with behind the screen activities - job lasted further for two more years but resigned before the close of the saturn-venus period 6 months earlier, saturn transit 8th house over ketu in taurus. jupiter-rahu transit in the 9th house.

then no job for next 4 yrs, earlier small breaks for 5m/2m but a major break this time for 4yrs after the illusive saturn-venus period towards the close rather supported by the transits too, remedies not working out having spent large amounts though.

this proves how illusive saturn-venus period can be, although appeared kind with me for the major period, followed by saturn-sun, saturn-moon.

got job/assignment only in late saturn-mars period, mars in own scorpio in the 2nd house. saturn/mars are enemies by the pachadhamaitri being together same sign/house - a small technical confusion here. one learned astrologer said no job even during saturn-mars while another equally learned astrologer under the same guru said - would get a good contractual assignment as jupiter progresses in the first house/vishakha nakshatra which came true.

thought of sharing some relevant experience here!

regards/kshantaram
Post by: meems on September 14, 2010, 02:02:59 PM
I\'m a bit confused about this venus- saturn dasha. I have had a terrible time even during venus- jupiter dasha. This is the time my financial problems started and also my career started dipping. Currently I\'m in the Venus - saturn dasha till July 2012 and my finances and career have hit an all time low. I\'m almost broke.  Do you mean to say that my situation will be like this till mid 2012? That\'s very scary. Someone please analyse my horoscope and offer guidance. DoB: 24.12.1963, Time:6.10AM, PoB: Chennai
Post by: Nidhi Jadly on October 03, 2010, 06:01:03 PM
Sat-Ven or ven-Sat dasha is tough only when both sat & ven are strong. If any one planet is weak then this dasha does not create so many problems.
Post by: shadow on October 10, 2010, 03:54:16 AM
Here is my experience...atleast what I heard from my parents. I was born when SA-VE dasa was running. So during that time frame my dad was undergoing lots of stress to make ends meet.During that time frame I lit my dad\'s clothes ablaze and almost all got destroyed. After that incident things were getting normal and my dad was busy in profession ..

SO now it is going to be VE-SA timeframe which is due 2021 ..any thoughts ?

Post by: Seetaram on October 10, 2010, 03:09:08 PM
did you get to read this article?
https://www.astrogle.com/astrology/how-to-find-total-effects-of-current-vimsottari-dasa.html

you can know everything for yourself
Post by: shadow on October 11, 2010, 08:08:23 PM
I did read that..it is interesting article,  however I am now running sa antar-dasa now so I have to wait till dec to really extrapolate things.  Do you have any insights or expand more for me on this particular ve-sa dasa seetaramji ?

Post by: Seetaram on October 12, 2010, 09:36:05 AM
are you sure its SA antardasa for you now?

use the formula in that article and make that day\'s minute divisions to know what you wanted
Post by: Suniljitto on December 16, 2010, 04:30:25 PM
My Saturn Mahadasha and Venus Antardasha is going to end on 07-05-11.After that it will be Saturn Mahadasha and Sun Antardasha ..Can some-one please throw light is such case?
Post by: VBC on January 02, 2011, 10:59:17 AM
[rquote=2180&topic=345&author=SaSirEkha]Yes. this is the worst of all dashas except for 2 lagnas which virinchi stated.
if person is born in taurus, gemini, virgo, libra, capricorn, aquarius ascendants then he\'s somewhat saved[/rquote]
Post by: Seetaram on January 02, 2011, 11:36:23 AM
sagittarius and pisces

for these 2 lagnas, venus-mercury is bad
Post by: orangeprince on April 22, 2011, 04:47:33 PM
Bill Clinton is going through Saturn - venus dasha since 16-04-2010 to15-06-2013.Venus asc in virgo which is benefic but has Saturn in 11th house ie cancer which is malefic,so how do we see that seniors ?

D.O.B -  19-aug-1940
Time    - 8:30 am
Post by: vlbedoc on April 22, 2011, 06:22:21 PM
i remember my Ven-Sat period.. b/w 04-07.. it was more emotionally testing than anything else.. friends betrayed, relationships broke, tension with parents.. it was a lonely period.. i still call it the \'rock bottom of my life\'.. however, i had failed just before the start of the period, and was so driven and working hard.. i was described as a \'shining star\' in my career during that time.. i was struggling, but i was still doing it.. hope helps..
what i believe is you get into this mess because during the jupiter sub just before that.. you are \'expanding\'.. it makes you look at big things, reach big, take bigger risks, big big big.. and then, saturn, being \'contracting\' .. brings you back to square 1.. and then mercury gives you a new beginning...
its the circle of life.. you must be careful, i agree, but dont worry... paath and jaap help gain strength... i used to do Ganapati paath, and i feel i was saved through the whole ordeal only by Him..
also, if you struggle against the \'contracting\' force of saturn, u\'ll feel more distress.. if you comply, live minimally, keep a low profile, dont take risks, it passes with less harm..
Post by: orangeprince on April 22, 2011, 07:30:24 PM
Bill Clinton is going through Saturn - venus dasha since 16-04-2010 to15-06-2013.Venus asc in virgo which is benefic but has Saturn in 11th house ie cancer which is malefic,so how do we see that seniors ?

D.O.B - 19-aug-1940
Time - 8:30 am
Post by: Ravi Varma on August 13, 2012, 12:24:28 AM
i still dont get the logic
when saturn and venus a friends to each other, why will they force so much negative karma during their dasas
Post by: soudakar on August 19, 2012, 05:14:46 PM
You shouldn\'t rush to make such a prediction for a native going through Saturn/Venus or Venus/Saturn period. I believe, it really depends on the lagna and rashi of the particular chart. My uncle was predicted to go through a really good period in his Shani/Venus, he is a Leo rising with Venus in 12th and Saturn in 10th (3/11 relationship). His moon is in Gemini, hence it will be the period of his 5th and 9th lord from Moon.
Post by: Smacky on August 20, 2012, 09:54:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

I\'ve been reading through the thread because i\'m about to hit this ve-sa dasa bhukti in couple of months from now.

For a Tula lagna, the running ve-ju could\'ve been worse, but jupiter has been kind to me to bring me here in hope to prepare for the coming ve-sa.

I\'ll be really thankful if anyone of you could guide me this. Following are my birth details:

Date of Birth: 6th September 1982
Time of Birth: 09:56 a.m.
Place of Birth: New Delhi

Many Thanks.  :)

Post by: Smacky on August 20, 2012, 10:01:56 AM
Just to add, i\'m wary because with saturn\'s recent transit to tula, the ve-sa period concurs the ashtama shani period.

Thanks..

Post by: soudakar on August 21, 2012, 01:55:50 AM
[rquote=14316&topic=345&author=Smacky]Just to add, i\'m wary because with saturn\'s recent transit to tula, the ve-sa period concurs the ashtama shani period.

Thanks..

[/rquote]

Hi Smacky,

I wouldn\'t worry too much. There is a big difference in strength between your Shani and Venus. Also ashtami Shani for Pisces is not that bad as Saturn is exalted, the only concern I would have is the 2/12 relationship between Venus and Shani. But overall that period should be good.

On another point, I think you should get something done for the following:
Your shani which is a yogakaraka for your lagna is placed in the 12th house and weak in shadbala. You might want to strengthen it by fasting Saturdays for instance. (On the positive point it is strong in Amsabala and is in friendly sign with a good friend)
Also your Chandra/Shani opposition might be a concern for your love life/marriage prospects, so you should get a remedy for that as well.
And finally, you have a partially cancelled Kemadruma yoga, and I would suggest you to strengthen your Moon, possibly by wearing a pearl.

Hope that helps,
Post by: Smacky on August 21, 2012, 02:05:00 AM
[rquote=14318&topic=345&author=soudakar][rquote=14316&topic=345&author=Smacky]Just to add, i\'m wary because with saturn\'s recent transit to tula, the ve-sa period concurs the ashtama shani period.

Thanks..

[/rquote]

Hi Smacky,

I wouldn\'t worry too much. There is a big difference in strength between your Shani and Venus. Also ashtami Shani for Pisces is not that bad as Saturn is exalted, the only concern I would have is the 2/12 relationship between Venus and Shani. But overall that period should be good.

Your shani which is a yogakaraka for your lagna is placed in the 12th house and weak in shadbala. You might want to strengthen it by fasting Saturdays for instance. (On the positive point it is strong in Amsabala and is in friendly sign with a good friend)
Also your Chandra/Shani opposition might be a concern for your love life/marriage prospects, so you should get a remedy for that as well.
And finally, you have a partially cancelled Kemadruma yoga, and I would suggest you to strengthen your Moon, possibly by wearing a pearl.

Hope that helps,[/rquote]

I\'m just hoping my new export venture pulls through.

Thank you so much for your time.. :)

Post by: Smacky on November 09, 2012, 01:54:38 AM
[rquote=14318&topic=345&author=soudakar][rquote=14316&topic=345&author=Smacky]Just to add, i\'m wary because with saturn\'s recent transit to tula, the ve-sa period concurs the ashtama shani period.

Thanks..

[/rquote]

Hi Smacky,

Hope that helps,[/rquote]

Thanks for your reply..

Have one more query if you please, currently i\'m wearing a neelam. And since you have suggested a pearl (which i\'ve come to understand shouldn\'t be worn alongside a neelam).
What do you suggest? neelam or pearl?

Many Thanks! :)
Post by: karthik55 on November 11, 2012, 10:28:06 PM
yea..my st-venus  period was  very depressing too..
Post by: karthik55 on November 11, 2012, 10:30:11 PM
now does that mean my venus-sat  period too will be the same?