Author Topic: Sleeping in which direction?  (Read 10630 times)

bond007fromus

Sleeping in which direction?
« on: December 11, 2009, 08:57:26 PM »
Hi,

Not sure if I am posting in the right forum.

I have three questions:

1. It is said Sleeping with your head in a particular direction produces certain effect. Can some one tell me what direction produces what effect. Even better if the logic behind it is explained (like flow of prana, energy etc).

2. We have this tradition of taking \'dhisti\' (telugu word), by taking a handful of salt and rotating it around the person to ward of bad effects. Can someone explain the logic behind it again? Why only salt is used, does it have some special properties? And does it really work?

3. Why usually all books mention meditation should be done facing north or east ?

Thanks

Linkback: https://www.astrogle.com/forums/spiritual-traditions-religions-symbols/28/sleeping-direction/439/

Astrology Forums

« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:12:45 PM »

Star Dust

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 11:00:15 AM »
1. i know that sleeping with your head towards north is bad. because earth\'s north-south poles and our north-south poles comes in same line and since earth and our body are both having magnetic fields, one can understand the replusive disturbance caused in small magnet when it tries to come in same line with big magnet\'s field.

so our mind gets disturbed and we have bad dreams and disturbed sleep and ill-health

any other direction is okay, though their effects are not explained clearly

2. salt and lemon(sour) have ability to ward of evil effects as both tastes are controlled by planets saturn and rahu, which cause evil eye.
so, it works like only a diamond can cut a diamond

3. vaastu has defined that north is ruled by jupiter and east by venus.
in astrology these are the only two planets who can make our life most comfortable and lead to both materialistic and spiritual progess.
so facing that side will make us absorb their energies properly
In a day..when u dont come across any problems... you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path - SWAMI VIVEKANANDA

bond007fromus

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:37:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

But I really want to experience these fields, prana, aura etc etc....how do I do it.... are there any experiments to detect these or you need to become a advanced yogi to experience such things? I dont think I can become a yogi very soon...so any other suggestions would be good.

Shalu

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 03:45:37 PM »
try to start atleast.. there\'s no shortcut for this

Ranjana

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:46:18 AM »
i\'ve been sleeping with head in west during nights and head in east during day

Anoo

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 08:47:13 PM »
i\'ve realised that the best direction to keep your head is SOUTH

Astrology Forums

« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:12:45 PM »

Samantha

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »
if you have your bed in between east-west directions, then you need to chose which way to sleep, then take a ripe lemon in your active hand and drop it in middle of bed.
Whichever direction it rolls towards, becomes the direction where you place your head.

If bed is in between north-south directions, then chose south to place head

gauranggroups

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 11:48:56 PM »
Hi,

Stardust has given his views on your questions. But I\'m trying to add what I know with that.

1. We shouldn\'t sleep in the North-South direction as there is a big bar magnet under the earth and it\'ll affect our mind. This is our first standard science and everyone will be knowing that and hence there is no need for any reasoning. But South-North direction is good for medical treatments. In few cases if the patient is asked to lie in the South-North direction, the treatments will be successful.
But generally for sleeping, West-East is better, i.e. you should keep your head in the West direction and face East direction. Coz always West direction is higher than the East direction of the Earth. Everyone knows that Earth is rotating itself clockwise and is revolving around Sun. Earth\'s full rotation is a day and it\'s full revolution a year. Even this is also a basic science. But Earth is not standing straight  while rotation. It\'s always tilted (slanted) 23.5 degrees towards the East. Hence West is always higher than the East.

2. Regarding dhisti, if you can understand the concept of \'aura\' it\'ll be easy to understand. \'Aura\' is an invisible energy shield (like border) around every thing(both living & non-living beings). All these dhisti and other negative things will first come and deposit in our aura and then it\'ll start affecting us slowly. Salt, Red Chilli and Fire have the power to remove negative energy. Hence to remove negative energy (dhisti) from our aura, people will use Salt, Red Chilli and Camphor. This is definitely true and it\'ll work.

3. For this, the answer for your first question itself would\'ve given the answer. Coz of Earth\'s position and rotation, Cosmic Energy will be entering the Earth thru North-East direction and hence it is the most auspicious direction in Vaastu. It is called as \"Eshanyam\" and they\'ll say that Easwar(God) is residing in this direction and we\'ll get his energy from this direction. Coz of this, Cosmic Energy will be flowing well in the North and East sides. Hence it is asked to face any one of these directions, while meditating.

These are the scientific and real reasonings behind this. But religiously, Earth symbolizes \"Sun\" and North symbolizes \"Kubera\". You know why people are worshiping these two Devas. Kubera is ruled by Lakshmi and hence we\'ll get wealth. Surya Namaskar is a very ancient thing and various traditions and cultures also have been practicing the worship of Sun. It\'s for Health.

Hope I\'ve solved your doubt to a certain level. If you have any other doubts, feel free to write us.

All the Best!!!

[rquote=3096&topic=439&author=bond007fromus]Hi,

Not sure if I am posting in the right forum.

I have three questions:

1. It is said Sleeping with your head in a particular direction produces certain effect. Can some one tell me what direction produces what effect. Even better if the logic behind it is explained (like flow of prana, energy etc).

2. We have this tradition of taking \'dhisti\' (telugu word), by taking a handful of salt and rotating it around the person to ward of bad effects. Can someone explain the logic behind it again? Why only salt is used, does it have some special properties? And does it really work?

3. Why usually all books mention meditation should be done facing north or east ?

Thanks

[/rquote]
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurang

Whoever you are & whatever you do, if your attitude is not good you are just 'Nothing'.

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via telegram Share via twitter