Author Topic: soul and spirit  (Read 3291 times)

charmvirgo

soul and spirit
« on: January 03, 2010, 07:18:36 PM »
I have never been clear about what is the difference between the soul and the spirit and are they the same thing?

The etheric body - is that the soul or the spirit?

Linkback: https://www.astrogle.com/forums/spiritual-traditions-religions-symbols/28/soul-spirit/457/
Tidy space, tidy mind

Astrology Forums

soul and spirit
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:27:48 PM »

Ranjana

soul and spirit
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »
both are same.
spirit is commonly used word for souls who still have desires left which they want to fulfill through physcial body

LEO

soul and spirit
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »
no i think i physical terms soul doesnt have any shape but spirit has something like an astral body which is visible to few
basically a spirit is a wandering soul which is unable to get reincarnated

charmvirgo

soul and spirit
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 11:37:27 PM »
I was thinking the spirit is just an energy field, acting as a vessel for the soul, same as the physical body is a vessel for the spirit.

I was seeing body and spirit as just existence - the \'what\', and soul as the self awareness, the character and emotion that has accumulated over time - the \'who\'.

What do you think?

Sushma

soul and spirit
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 09:45:32 PM »
a spirit is a soul which still has karma attached. so it will take birth again

when karma goes \'0\' it remains as a soul

LEO

soul and spirit
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 12:07:29 AM »
both ranjana and charmvirgo are correct
that \'vessel\' is mind itself which is carried with karma along with soul from life to life
once that karma is cleared, mind\'s existence is ceased and soul attains salvation

Astrology Forums

soul and spirit
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:27:48 PM »

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via telegram Share via twitter