Author Topic: who is the Idol in the Tirumala temple actually  (Read 15096 times)

msrhprasad

who is the Idol in the Tirumala temple actually
« on: May 26, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
Who is the Idol actually in Tirumala Temple…?
Lord Vishnu
Or
Lord Shiva
Or
Goddess Durga
Or
Lord Murugan.

Recently I read interviews with Ex.E.O of TTD and some books, some doubts I would like to share with you…

1.   Eswara – Generally uses to call Lord Shiva – Eswara / Maheswara..only Lord Shiva has Eswara.  (Eswara = Prabhu / Leader)
2.   After modifying the idol in the temple to reduce their sin, the temple authorities added end of Venkata + eswara = venkateswara…
3.   The same as above -Swamy – is applicable to only Lord Kumara swamy – we use to call him only. Swamy = Leader / Prabhu.
4.   We know well, generally on Friday – in Goddess temples perform main poojas. In Tirumala on Friday’s can see imp.pooja’s.
5.   Sri.Adisankara Charya – was spent few months in Tirumala – done japa/tapa then after he was done prathistha “SRI CHAKRA” yantra in front of the Idol.
6.   Again we knew very well, in Goddess Temples only we can see “SRI CHAKRA” yantra.
7.   Qualities / symptoms of Idol in the Temples are – Shape of the Body like female,
Long Hair, way of standing looks female…
8.   Can we see any stories related to Lord Balaji – i.e puranaas / old books…?
9.   After Sri.Adishankara – Sri.Ramanuja visited the Tirumala temple, under his supervision some efficient “shilp’s” secretly curved/modified the idol as lord vishnu, and finally convrted as a “VISHNAVA” Temple.
10.   In the Sri.Ramanuja, period most of the temples converted as vishnava temples.

Who is the Idol actually? ::)

Linkback: https://www.astrogle.com/forums/spiritual-traditions-religions-symbols/28/who-idol-tirumala-temple-actually/1956/

Astrology Forums

« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:10:12 PM »

ARYA

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 11:04:09 AM »
The presiding deity of the temple is Lord Venkateswara, a form of the Hindu god Vishnu...

msrhprasad

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 11:08:08 AM »
Some more points are...

1.   The arms have armlets which look like Nagaabharanam and a serpent is
depicted as coiled around Lord’s right arm.
2.   Another interesting aspect is the Lord is in the middle of garbha gruha (sanctum sanctorum) which is the case with the temples of Lord Siva.
3.   We usually find the establishment of Siva Lingas in the middle of the sanctum sanctorum where as, the Lord Vishnu’s Idol is established near the inner wall of this sanctum sanctorum.
4.   If observed keenly, we can see the lions on all four sides of the temple. Lion is the vahan or vehicle of Goddess Durga.
5.   Sandal paste used during the Lord’s worship further strengthens the argument that Lord is Shakti Swaroop. In Tirumala Lord’s Abhishekam is done on Friday which happens to be an auspicious day for mangal snan or holy bath for women.

Virinchi

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 12:51:17 AM »
the idol is mine !
i'm the GOD in all temples, on all mountains, alongside all rivers, in all your houses.

by the time you understand what i'm saying, you will be in your future life(lives).

as if existing religions are not enough to divide people, people want to create subreligions and discuss about them.
they have/want more issues with temples, gods, idols, their types, their weapons in left/right hand, their dresses, jewellery, hundi collections etc nonsense
Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

uday.dreamcatcher

• There is always more Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 02:59:21 PM »
It’s really unfortunate that all of us argue over the Majestic idol instead of offering prayers. Be it Siva or Vishnu,Balaji or Sakti offer your prayers accordingly. No matter how you visualize him, he is one...
I completely agree with virinchi...
i understood the summary what he want to say.. guys i am understanding it in present only not in future.. ;)
...Life is what happens while you are busy making other Plans...

msrhprasad

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »
@Dear Virinchi - I too agree, if really we can reach that state then we can get "Mukthi" in living. if i am right he will be called as Mumukshu" pls.correct me if i am wrong.
but
I am discussing it in Materialistic way,
here point is to reach God / get Moksha etc.etc.,
people has chosen many methods/religions......

If we can reach such stage we can see "servam ekam"....but to reach that stage how many births should take... :-\

Astrology Forums

« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:10:12 PM »

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via telegram Share via twitter