News:

New Board installed at https://www.astrogle.com/talks/
Old forums archived from 16 October 2021

Main Menu New Forums Installed, Old Forums Archived ...

benefits of turmeric

Started by 1234, April 14, 2012, 07:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turmeric is great for anytype of wounds, scars and acne

here are the recipes

Before you get started with any cosmetic or skin related treatments with turmeric, do make a note that it can stain the skin a light yellow. It's a good idea to use it at night and then wash off with water and a gentle cleanser in the morning.

1.) Uneven tone: Mix a little turmeric with cucumber or lemon juice and apply to your face. Leave it for some time and wash off. A one-time application will be of little help and only regular use will give a soft glow to your face. Can also be used reduce pigmentation.

2.) Acne: Turmeric mixed with sandalwood powder and a little water, and applied to the face can greatly reduce the appearance of acne.

3.) Body Scrub: Mix some turmeric with gram flour and water and use it to scrub all over your body before your shower. Doing this regularly will indeed help you get a glowing skin. Usually used in India for brides before marriage, she will affirm that this is the beauty regimen that they dutifully follow weeks before their wedding to get a spotless skin.

4.) Wounds: Any gash or deep wound when filled with turmeric paste, heals and closes faster.

5.) Kitchen burn: accidentally burnt your hand in the kitchen; Mix a teaspoon of turmeric with some aloe gel and apply to the burn.

6.) Gum Infections: Apply a mixture of turmeric, rock salt and mustard oil to the affected area around two to three times a day. Follow this by washing your mouth with a little warm water.

Cough:
  Mix some 1tbsp of honey and turmeric!
  Heat some water mix in turmeric and 1or 2 black pepper.
  Mix a spoonful of turmeric in hot milk and drink it down.

7.) Anemia: Turmeric mixed with honey, if taken daily can help in countering anemia.

8.) Wrinkles: Add a pinch of turmeric to 2 tablespoons of buttermilk. Smooth the paste around your eyes and let it set for 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water.

9.) Oily skin:  add a pinch of turmeric to 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder. Mix in 2 tablespoons of milk and 2 drops of lemon juice. Apply to your face and let it dry. Rinse with warm water

10.) Dry skin: combine 1 egg white, 2 drops of olive oil, fresh lemon juice and rose water. Add a pinch of turmeric and mix well. Apply to all dry areas including face, neck, elbows and knees. Let it set until it is complete dry. Wash off with warm water.

11.) Hair Removal: Yes, Surprised! add a little turmeric and besan (Gram Flour) in water apply the paste for  half an hour before bath dried and gently rolled off will help slowing down the process of hair growth.

13.) Cracked Heels: Apply a mixture of 3 tablespoons of turmeric with 3 drops of coconut oil. This mix will also help prevent fungal infections that may form between the toes, also known as athlete's foot.

14.) Turmeric Tea Recipe:
        2 cups water
       1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
      1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric or root
      2 tablespoon honey and agave
      Squeeze half a lime in tea

15.) Color Easter Egg: Natural way! In a pot mix 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 2 cups of water. Let the eggs sit in the water for 20 minutes to color your eggs the natural way.

Varenya

earlier, ppl have posted external links and their posts got deleted and postcount reduced.
so i would advise you to copy and paste the content, rather than posting links

pallavi

very useful info.
few are known but curing anemia, turmeric tea etc are new :thumbup::info:

Amy Aquarius lagna

I have taken a tumeric pill once daily for about a year now.  Plus I LOVE yellow mustard and use it regularly and rarely use mayonaise or salad dressing.  Can't say one way or the other if it's benefitted me but I still take it.
I have an Purva Bhadra lagna, Magha Sun, Aswini moon, Mercury in Uttara Phalguni, Venus in Punarvas, Mars in Purva Bhadra  retrograde.  Currently in Rahu-Mercury dasa starting Oct 4 2013