News:

New Board installed at https://www.astrogle.com/talks/
Old forums archived from 16 October 2021

Main Menu New Forums Installed, Old Forums Archived ...

No. 13

Started by Apparao, February 13, 2009, 11:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apparao

Sinister, Gauche, Untoward, Inauspicious and many more such words are associated with the (so- called) unlucky Friday the 13th.

What is inauspicious in this date and the day? I am sure many of my respected readers must be having this question in mind.

Before giving a numerological view on this myth, I would like to mention some facts :-

* Paraskevidekatriaphobics is the phenomenon which describes those afflicted with a morbid fear of Friday the 13th.

* The Turks so disliked the number 13 that it was practically expunged from their vocabulary

* Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue.

* Many buildings don\'t have a 13th floor.

* Hotels do not have room number 13.

* Even the opera houses in Italy avoid this number.

These facts clearly indicate that the myth of Friday the 13th is worldwide.

The reason why this myth developed is because it is generally associated with the fate of Jesus as the 13th guest among his 12 apostles in the Biblical account of the Last Supper. The Bible tells us that one of the dinner guests ââ,¬â€œ apostles ââ,¬â€œ went on to betray Jesus Christ, setting the stage for the crucifixion of Jesus on the next dayââ,¬â€a Friday! It was, for many years, designated the day for capital punishment and informally referred to as \"hangman\'s day.\" At some places it is also believed that it was Friday the 13th when Eve tempted Adam with the forbidden fruit.

Numerology can surely give a clear and correct answer to this problem. In Numerology every number has a particular meaning; these meanings have been adopted from the Egyptian pyramids. On the pyramids some pictures are engraved and they denote some numbers.

On the pyramids in Egypt, there is a picture number 13, named ââ,¬ËœLA MUERTEââ,¬â,,¢ which symbolises ââ,¬ËœDeathââ,¬â,,¢. In the picture there is a skeleton with scythe (death) reaping down men, and a crowned head of a man has fallen at the point of the scythe. At its back, is a female head with flowing hair parted in the centre.

This is a symbol of the conception of realisation. Most people believe that this indicates death, transmutation, deception, destruction, hope, faith and rebirth.

But here is the point where the mistake arises; people have not understood the hidden meaning of the picture. They just deciphered what was visible and failed to understand the hidden meaning. After my analysis and experience of more than 3 decades, I concluded that this number is not at all lucky. The skeleton with scythe signifies that man has to multiply his efforts during this period and if he tends to be lethargic, then his failure is certain. But if he faces the adversities with confidence and courage then his success is 100% sure.

It was believed that number 13 was very auspicious for Ex- Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpaayee but this time even the election results declared on 13th did not yield any positive result for Mr. Vajpayee. I do not want to discuss politics here but just want to make my readers clear that number 13 is an uncertain number. One never knows how it might work the other time. But this does not mean it is inauspicious. It might be lucky at times and might work against the other time.

A week ago, a business contacted me and told that his brother experienced the negativity of number 13. He prospered in his roadways business and purchased one truck after another, but the moment he purchased the 13th one, his degradation started.

And a few days ago I met a senior manager of HDFC Bank who told me that number 13 has been very lucky in his life. This number has brought huge gains to him.

By now the readers must have become familiar that 13 is lucky for one and unlucky for another. Number 13 signifies a change, and the change can be positive as well as negative. And please donââ,¬â,,¢t develop any myth that a child born on Friday the 13th is jinxed, because in my personal experience there is a reporter in a leading newspaper, which has immense potentials and I see him as a senior executive in the editorial in future.

It is not that 13 is considered unlucky everywhere. In the Indian pantheon there are 13 Buddhas, 13 mystical discs surrounding the Indian and Chinese pagodas, 13 snake Gods of the Mexicans.

Sharmila

even i born on the 13th date. so far i dint face any negativity. i was every where happy with my life so far...

i hope n trust i dnt see 13th negativity ever in ma life.

jaggia

I am told that the Sikhs consider no. 13 as v. lucky.

jaggia

i am not a numerologist. but think that if 13 is considered unlucky by some people, then the total of 13 is 4. in that case all the no. taht total to 4 shd also be unlucky. eg - 22, 31, 04, 40 etc.

Sharmila

no. its not that. in numerology every number have its own importance. 4, 22, are considered as gud numbers. but 13, 31 are considered very powerful numbers.. here we cant add this up n give a  total of 4.

there are very defined methods to make total to single numbers which are used in very unique cases..

if v consider numerology for hitler, napolean thr total is kept as 37 n derived thr cases.. i think this eg is enough..!!

jaggia

then wht happens if a person is called by different names. for eg. my mom calls me jagga, my sisters call me jaggu. but my father always called me jaggia. now how to analyse i mean will there not b serious mistakes? further, i wanna numerology is india science or western?

Virinchi

numerology was indian science

but today\'s numerology we apply is based on english alphabets, so its western
Wanting to learn vast ranged Astrology only to predict few sport events is like Marrying only for Sex !

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one !

jaggia

wht abt the names. like they write in english as lucknow but it is pronounced as \"lakhnaou\'. so which will be analysed from these?

zoe

jaggia..

numerology depends on the spelling u give but not the pronunciation..  

numerologists usually asks for ur formal name not pet/nick names

jaggia

that is great revelation. thanks again. i just hav a naive question. if numeraology is indian tradition or science, then how is it tht our astrologers are unaware of it and dont use it for their prediction making. they rather proudly resort to vedic or moon astrology, never abt numero....