Is purpose of Astrology to know only Future?

Started by deepa, October 04, 2009, 04:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepa

after reading all these topics on astrology and people's problems i have some doubts though i dont have much knowledge in astro

is purpose of astrology to know only future?
which we cant alter many times..
i've seen many people talking about positive attitude, remedies changing lives etc
but they themselves had seen so many set backs in life, yet they dont stop preaching

if life just has to follow pre-written destiny, then how will astrology help ?

hitarth18

I think we are discussing more or less in here

I very vaguely remember one story of an astrologer ( Sorry i forgot his name).

He came to know that his son-in-law is going to die in few days. He did some calculations being an astrologer and asked his daughter to do \"Archana\" of 108 rose leaves in shiva temple with a certain specific mantra for 108 days consistently.

But his son in law died as predestined. On seeing this that astrologer asked his daughter that whether she did the things he asked her to do ?? His daughter took that matter casually and skipped few days doing it.

Well, this story mite not have taken place in real but what i believe is that we can minimize cruel things happening in our life by horoscope reading / chanting / deeds but again everything is in hands of god at last. You cant change anything against his wish even if u yourself are good astrologer or anyone.

Absolutely nothing :)
!! Wish Change Nothing, Decision Change Everything !!

hitarth18

And moreover,

Many times it happens that you try to dig a problem in your life for a solution.

Sometimes you solve it... Sometimes it just goes out of your control and you fail. :)
!! Wish Change Nothing, Decision Change Everything !!

Sushma

when things go out of control we tend to believe that we cant control all things in life
when they are in control by themselves we tend to attribute success to ourselves or our guides or god

mulaian

most people seeking astrological help are not happy with the present so they hope the future will bring some positive change.hence the line of enquiry, hoping 4 some good answer.astrology can be used as a map to help in our journey through life.If our aims are unrealistic ,we will fail ,creating unhappiness.if we know our areas of strength and weakness we can have realistic achievable goals leading to more contentment and happiness.astrology can offer more than we can imagine it is our line of enquiry that limits the answers .we can only receive what we are ready to take........for me it is usefull to understand my past ,how it has led to the present  which will give some shape to the future.not understanding ones life purpose can cause much confusion and dissatisfaction .astrology can help with this.for me it is so usefull for understanding the karmic interactions with other people in our life that are a reflection of some part of ourselves.By learning to predict the weather it has learnt us much about the planet and the way the elements flow and interact .so it is with trying to predict the future we gather much knowledge about life in order to succeed.

OMkaar

many people have altered minor issues in life by knowing future before it happened
but everything can\'t be changed

LEO

is that minor alteration also already seen in horoscope?

Guia K Monti

horoscope has everything but it can\'t be seen, just to make sure that none of the astrologers start assuming that they\'re god

utkaarsh

i think we shd use astrology as just a improvisation tool - small & better changes in the long term, like if we regulalry chant gayatri mantra, & if saturn has an influnce on our charts, try to chant hanuman chalisa as well , rather than trying to be a king & overachieve by using astology, we have to go thru what we are destined for, just knowing it & accpeting the fact will reduce our sorrow much more

Sushma

i read in a magazine that i will lose some valuables this week and i have to be careful.
i was careful but still lost them today.
so whats the point in knowing it in advance, when i couldn\'t stop it

so, astrology is only a message/hint