Pomegranate is grown mainly in India, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, dry parts of Southeast Asia, tropical Africa and East Indies, along the parts of Arizona and California and peninsular Malaysia.
Its seeds and skin are used to cure many health ailments in ayurveda.
Nutritional Values of Pomegranate:
Following are the nutritional values present in 100 grams of pomegranate:
Fat – 0.3 gm
Dietary Fiber – 0.6 gm
Sugars – 16.57 gm
Carbohydrates – 17.17 gm
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) – 0.3 mg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) – 0.063 mg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) – 0.03mg
Protein – 0.95 gm
Iron – 0.3 mg
Calcium – 3 mg
Vitamin C – 6.1 mg
Vitamin B9 (Folate) – 6 mg
Vitamin B6 – 0.105 mg
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) – 0.596 mg
Energy – 70 kcal or 290 kJ
Zinc – 0.12 mg
Potassium – 259 mg
Phosphorus – 8 mg
Magnesium – 3 mg
Benefits of Pomegranate’s juice, leaves, bark etc :
- Having pomegranate’s juice daily is good for heart and useful people suffering from low B.P and Asthma.
- Its juice increase apetite and helps in digestion
- Kills germs in stomach and intestines
- Its juice purifies blood
- If we extract juice from its skin and take 2 tea spoons of that juice, thrice per day, it controls blood in piles immediately
- The fruit’s skin juice and tree bark juice if boiled together (10 gms each) and consumed together, will control Amoebiasis
- If women are constantly losing pregnancy, they should extract this tree’s leaves juice along with sandalwood paste and consume daily (100ml) during initial 6 months of pregnancy.
- It reduces heat in body and increases memory power and also delays ageing.
- As these are rich in antioxidants, it can keep bad cholesterol (LDL) from oxidizing and prevents atherosclerosis.
- It avoids clumping of blood platelets and also formation of unnecessary clots.
- Its juice is very useful for people suffering from diarrhea, but excess consumption may cause constipation.
- Its juice is useful for women to control the risk of breast cancer
- Its juice consumption can prevent and slow down Alzheimer’s disease.
- Pomegranate prevents cartilage deterioration and hence, keeps osteoarthritis at bay.
- Intake of its juice can prevent damage of brain during serious accidents to head
- Its juice is also good for oral health and controls bad breath with immediate effect
If there are ring worms in stomach or intestine, then boil this tree’s root in water and consume 10 ml, twice per day to kill those worms