Migraine is a chronic neurological disorder characterized by recurrent moderate to severe headaches often in association with a number of autonomic nervous system symptoms.
Usually migrane head aches are on one side of the head and is pulsating in nature.
It can last from 2 hours to 3 days.
Associated symptoms include nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light, sound, or smell. The pain is generally made worse by physical activity.
Migraines are caused by both hereditary (about ⅔) and environmental (⅓) reasons.
The risk of migraines usually decreases during pregnancy.
Ayurvedic Cure for Migraine Headache
Yoga and Pranayam:
1. Vipareeta karini (Legs up the Wall Pose)
3. Bhramari Pranayama (Bee Breath technique)
4. Accupressure treatment : Press and release thumbs.
5. Meditation: Sit straight, close eyes and take deep breath. Visualise that good prana releiving headache is flowing into the head region. Retain the breath for few seconds in the region having pain and breathe out visualizing impure black/brown air coming out.
Migraine develops due to increase of Kapha(Phlegm) in head region. It also develops due to accumulation of gas, increase of fire element and also due to impure blood in head region.
Add 2 teaspoons good turmeric to hot water and apply steam to head region. Impure gases will be relieved from head. Dip one cloth in the same water and put fomentation in the effected region.
Add 60gm candy sugar to ½ liter drinking water overnight. Drink the water early in the morning. Do not eat till one hour.
Benefits: Migraine gets relieved within 4 to 7 days if followed daily.
Migraine develops due to our opposite behavior in particular seasons.
1. Do not sleep late.
2. Do not have excess thinking.
3. Do not take water in excess. Take only one glass of copper charged water early in the morning.
4. Do not go to places having excessive dust, chemicals etc.
5. Avoid pickles, and have vegetarian food only with less spices and salt.
Sesame seeds oil : 200gm
Vasa powder : 20gm
Dried Ginger (Sonthi) powder : 20gm
Yashti Madhuka (Atimadhuram) powder : 20gm
Boil oil on low flame and add all powders slowly stirring after each addition. Boil till foam disappears and then remove. Store after it cools.
Usage of Viswamitra Tailam: Apply warm oil to the scalp every 3 days. After taking head bath do not sleep day time.
Headache balm : – Add 100gm bees wax to 100gm of Viswamitra tailam after placing it on low flame. Stir till ointment/cream is formed. Store after cooling it.
Apply balm to head region, knee pain, neck pain, etc.
Boil 100gm Cow’s ghee. Add one fist full sebja leaves. Boil till the leaves blacken. Filter the ghee and store. Place the ghee in a dropper bottle and put 3 drops in nostrils before half and hour of taking food.
Gives good results for headaches.
Triphala powder :300gm (Fry with little ghee)
Candy sugar powder : 100gm
Mix all the powders and store in bottle.
Take ½ spoon in morning and evening daily.
Excess heat reduces, hair will blacken, eyes, ears, teeth will strengthen. Headaches are reduced. Nadis (Nerves) in head work properly and gives good results by curing all headaches within 40 days.
For Instant Relief from Migraine Head Ache:
1) Add sugar to water and drink.
2) Drink tender coconut water
3) Drink cold water.
Take milk and coconut water in equal parts. Add equal amount of cow’s ghee to it and boil on low flame till ghee only remains. Filter and store the ghee. Put some ghee in dropper bottle and add two to three drops to the nostrils and breathe in.
Benefit: Migraine headache vanishes within few minutes.