Unwanted hair growth (facial and body hair) can cause embarrassment, and its a bigger problem for women.
This is called Hirsutism or frazonism, which is the excessive hairiness on women in those parts of the body where terminal hair does not normally occur or is minimal – for example, a beard or chest hair.
It refers to a male pattern of body hair (androgenic hair) and it is therefore primarily of cosmetic and psychological concern.
Hirsutism is a symptom rather than a disease and may be a sign of a more serious medical condition, especially if it develops well after puberty.
Hirsutism affects women and sometimes men, since the rising of androgens causes a male pattern of body hair, sometimes excessive, particularly in locations where women normally do not develop terminal hair within their puberty (chest, abdomen, back and face). The medical term for excessive hair growth that affect both men and women is hypertrichosis.
Hirsutism can be caused by either an increased level of androgens, the male hormones, or an oversensitivity of hair follicles to androgens. Male hormones such as testosterone stimulate hair growth, increase size and intensify the growth and pigmentation of hair.
Ayurvedic (natural) method to remove these excessive (unwanted) hair growth
Ingredients required :
1. Thanaka (available in ayurvedic stores), which is an yellowish-white cosmetic paste made from ground bark.
It is a distinctive feature of Myanmar (formerly Burma) seen commonly applied to the face and sometimes the arms of women and girls and is also produced in thailand.
2. Kusuma Oil (Safflower Oil )
Procedure to remove unwanted hair :
- Remove all unwanted hair by shaving or any other hair removal cream
- Grind Thanaka is Kusuma oil and make a paste (thickness similar to hair removal cream)
- Apply this paste to the hair removed area and massage well till it gets absorbed into skin pores
- Do not wash or wipe the area for atleast 3-4 hours (preferably do this at night before sleeping)
- Repeat this process for 100 days without break and hair will never grow back in unwanted areas