First and foremost important issue is to have balanced diet which has enough oils and drink plenty of fluids (atleast 3 litres or 3/4th gallon of water) everyday.
Avoid chemical treatments, fairness creams etc. as they only give a temporary look but will not last longer and may also damage your skin and cause early wrinkles.
Natural methods / tips for making skin glow and improving facial skin complexion :
- Soak some almonds in water overnight, remove their skin in the morning and grind them.
Add a teaspoon of gram floor, one teaspoon of milk and 4 drops of lime juice.
Make a paste,mix it well and apply it on you r face.Regular massage gives you long lasting clear and fair skin.
- Include healthy fruits like banana, papaya, apple and watermelon in your diet according to the season and availability.
Vegetables like Spinach, Carrot, Tomato, Cabbage also provide required minerals, vitamins and proteins to your skin.
- If you prefer milk, then have 250 ml of cow milk everyday without sugar (use other sweeteners like candy sugar or honey etc but not chemically processed sugar) and avoid coffee, tea and other such beverages.
- Take 1 tablespoon of milk powder and mix it with one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of lemon juice and half tablespoon of almond oil.
Mix all the items well, make it a paste and apply it on your face and neck daily and wash after an hour.
It will give you a perfect glowing skin.
- Do not allow your face and neck skin to come directly in contact with sunlight. Use good sunscreen lotion.
- Turmeric is good ingredient for skin. Make a facepack with mixture of turmeric and milk. Apply this and wash off after an hour with cold water for glowing skin.
Lemon juice and glycerin work nicely for dry skin whereas fuller’s earth and turmeric are used for oily skin.
- Take one tomato, grate it well and mix it with 3-4 drops of lime juice. Apply it on your face wait for 15 minutes and then rinse it off. Repeat it daily and feel the change on your face.
- A mixture of egg white, milk cream and honey works excellent against skin tanning. Mix tomato juice with honey or yogurt and apply it daily on skin to remove tanning.
- Soak 4-5 almonds in milk overnight. In the morning make a paste of them and apply it on your face and rinse it off after an hour or two. You will definitely feel the glow on your face in less then 15 days. (you can add honey, oats and yogurt for quicker results)
- Prepare a fine paste of ripe papaya, oatmeal powder, milk cream and honey. Cover your face with this paste for 15 minutes. Wash it off with water.
- Apply buttermilk to skin, keep for 10 minutes and then wash off thoroughly for softening, cleansing and radiating effect.
- Sandalwood paste makes your skin not only fairer but also acts as a sunscreen and protect your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun. It is also considered as best anti-aging ingredient.
- Make dilute paste of mint leaves and almond seeds with warm water. Wash your face and neck with this water and wash again with clean warm water. You can add mint leaves in regular bathing water to get glow and freshness to your skin.
- To remove skin marks, apply a mixture of carrot juice and pineapple juice to skin twice a week. This not only removes the marks but also adds shine to your skin
- Making a facepack with red sandalwood powder and coconut milk is the best recipe for glowing skin.
Above all, regular exercise (yoga, gymnastic, aerobics etc), not using makeup for longer hours and using a scrub to clean makeup and dirt after you return home are some of the precautions to be taken for effective and long lasting naturally glowing skin.