To overcome ageing and to maintain fitness even in 70s, Triphala Rasayana is the best prescription in Ayurveda.
Triphala, the well-known traditional Ayurvedic formulation, makes an excellent skin tonic. It is one of the most popular Ayurvedic medicinal herbs, prescribed by a number of Ayurvedic practitioners. Triphala literally means ‘three fruits’. The three fruits contained in Triphala are Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry), Haritaki (Indian Gallnut or Terminalia chebula), and Bibhitaki (Beleric Myrobalan or Terminalia bellerica). Since Triphala is tridoshic – equally balancing for Vata, Pitta and Kapha – it is beneficial for all skin types. Triphala nourishes the skin, both directly and indirectly. Amla (Indian gooseberry), one of the three ingredients in Triphala, is the richest known natural source of Vitamin C. Apart from the rich source of Vitamin C, Triphala also contains calcium – an important nutrient that helps enhance skin clarity and brings dull, tired skin to life.
Preparation Of Triphala Rasayana
Take 320 gms of Triphala Churnam(powder), which consists of 80 gms each of Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry), Haritaki (Indian Gallnut or Terminalia chebula), and Bibhitaki (Beleric Myrobalan or Terminalia bellerica).
Add 240 gms of Yashti Madhuka powder( Mahuwa tree).
Now add 240 gms of Madhuka flower powder (Bassia latifolia flowers ).
Add 480gms of pure cow ghee (not jersey cow’s) and make this as a paste.
After mixing thoroughly, add 960 gms of pure honey and mix well.
This becomes a 2KG of Triphala Rasayanam.
Store this paste in a glass jar (do not use plastic bottles) and daily consume 10gms of this paste after dinner and sleep after 2 hours.
Benefits Of Triphala Rasayanam
- Triphala Rasayana is beneficial is promoting ojas, the finest product of digestion that prevents the occurrence of many diseases, creates luster and make the skin exude its natural glow and radiance.
- It nourishes both the body and the mind, thereby promoting longevity of life. Therefore, Triphala Rasayana is very much beneficial for adults and children alike.
- The Rasayana is especially beneficial for eyes. In case one has problems in eye sight, opting for Triphala Rasayana would be the best bet.
- The Rasayana creates a balance in the cholesterol level, by removing ama from the fat tissue.
- It helps in the purification of urinary tract, thereby helping the prevention of urinary tract diseases.
- It also strengthens and cleanses the liver, which is one of its main functions. This ensures that the liver, one of the important parts of the body, stays healthy. It can also be said that the consumption of Rasayana prevents diseases related to the functioning of liver.
- The medicine also helps the management of weight. Thus, it is beneficial for people, who want to loose weight.
- It enhances the thirteen agnis (digestive fires), especially the main digestive fire in the stomach.
- Triphala Rasayana is helpful in pacifying Kapha and Pitta. If taken on a regular basis, the Rasayana can be a powerful anti-aging medicine.
- People suffering from skin inflammation, heat, infection, obesity will find the consumption of Triphala Rasayana as beneficial.
- Diseases such as fatigue and anemia can be effectively cured by the regular consumption of Triphala Rasayana, if taken according to the prescribed doses.
- You can work for 20 hours in day with less food but will never feel tired.
- Usage of this Rasayanam for 1 year continously will bring back youth.