Indigestion or Dyspepsia happens due to excess intake of food or is often a sign of an underlying problem, such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), ulcers, or gallbladder disease, rather than a condition of its own.
Symptoms of Indigestion usually are : Bloating (full feeling), Belching and gas, Nausea and vomiting, Acidic taste, Growling stomach, Burning in the stomach or upper abdomen, Abdominal pain.
This Ayurvedic home made natural medicine given below can be easily prepared in house using the commonly used kitchen spices which are easily available in the market.
* Cumin seeds(Jeera)
* Rock candy(Misri or simple sugar candy)
* Ghee (extracted from cow milk/butter)
Procedure to make Kasyapa Lehyam (for curing Indigestion)
1. Take 100 grams of Cumin seeds, fry it lightly. Now powder it and Keep it aside.
2. Take 100 grams of Rock candy. Powder it and keep it aside.
3. Now mix the Rock candy powder with one glass of water and boil it for 1 t0 2 minutes. After 2 minutes add the Cumin seeds powder which we kept aside and start mixing the solution while boiling. While mixing the solution add 100 grams of Ghee.
4. Boil the whole solution until you get a HALWA (paste) like material and remove from the stove wait for some time. Take the medicine in a dry bottle and preserve. It should be kept in dry place and always use a dry spoon.
* For Adults (1/2-1) tea spoon before one hour to lunch and dinner.
* For Children 1/4th tea spoon before one hour to lunch and dinner.
Important Note :
It is very essential to keep the medicine in dry place. Use a dry spoon whenever you open the bottle.
Usage of bottle of Kasyapa Lehyam (medicine) once, will remove gas from stomach, knees, intestines, kidneys, joints etc and you will never face indigestion again.
The recipe is named after Sage Kasyapa, who prepared this lehyam (paste) for the first time.